• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last party for everyone you ever knew

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last party for everyone you ever knew

Getting on a bit, so what would be really fantastic would be a final party for everyone who ever figured in my life. All the old friends, girlfriends, some colleagues.

The other night, for some reason, the name of my best friend in primary school, aged about 6 or 7, popped into my head. All I remember about Mervin Hans, apart from his name, was that that he pissed in class and made a puddle in the pale blue plastic chair, we all thought it very funny. Love to know what happened to him and if his bladder control has improved.

I am still in contact with one male friend and have been acquainted (ahem) with a girlfriend from student days but apart from them, and another who died. never been able to find any on Google.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried to locate old friends/girlfriends through the internet and what success they have had.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Always seems a shame that everyone shows up to say what a good chap you are after you've popped your clogs. Mind you, not sure I'd want any old boyfriends showing up to my party.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The thing is, when would you have your party? If you had it, then went on to live another ten years, everyone would feel a bit cheated. But you don't want to leave it too late either.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          The other night, for some reason, the name of my best friend in primary school, aged about 6 or 7, popped into my head. All I remember about Mervin Hans, apart from his name, was that that he pissed in class and made a puddle in the pale blue plastic chair, we all thought it very funny. Love to know what happened to him and if his bladder control has improved.
          He may be closer than you think. Currently working in Bonn if my sources are correct.

Comment

I just got an email from Mervin Hans threatening to sue me unless I withdraw the allegation that he pissed in class.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I just got an email from pissy-pants Merv threatening to sue me unless I withdraw the allegation that he pissed in class.
              FTFY

Comment

I just got an email from Mervin Hans threatening to sue me unless I withdraw the allegation that he pissed in class.
                Quoted for posterity

Getting on a bit, so what would be really fantastic would be a final party for everyone who ever figured in my life. All the old friends, girlfriends, some colleagues.

I am still in contact with one male friend and have been acquainted (ahem) with a girlfriend from student days but apart from them, and another who died. never been able to find any on Google.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried to locate old friends/girlfriends through the internet and what success they have had.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Don't see the point really.

Only joined stalkbook recently and then had requests from people I barely knew at secondary school to contact me. I'm not even connected with any of my family on it either.

Not sure if there are any people I'd want to find out here they are now. Maybe one or two peeps to see if they ended up happier than before.
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Don't see the point really.

Only joined stalkbook recently and then had requests from people I barely knew at secondary school to contact me. I'm not even connected with any of my family on it either.

Not sure if there are any people I'd want to find out here they are now. Maybe one or two peeps to see if they ended up happier than before.
                    My happiest years were primary school. Given that I moved continents and email hadn't been invented, I had lost touch with all but one of my friends. Facebook has been great to catch up with them all again, share old photos and generally reminisce about the good ol' days. Not to mention the gossip - which of my innocent childhood friends ended up shagging each other!

Comment

Working...
                    X