• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM for Pooperscooter - Germany ain't all that

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM for Pooperscooter - Germany ain't all that

Granted I'm tired this morning, owing to the 6 hour flight delay and sloping into the hotel at 3am.

The wifi is still just as fecked as when I left in November

And their customer service is slower than a slow thing, riding a slowmobile down slow Boulevard in slowville whilst donning a t-shirt that reads "me me me, look at me, I'm slow I am".

Free WiFi Shortage: German Laws Make it Hard to Provide Wireless Internet - SPIEGEL ONLINE

So I cannot currently do any work.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

wifi is down you can't do any work but can post

I may be a bear of little brain but something seems to be missing in this story. Yes I know its a Suity story which means its a part work with the story revealed drip by drip but even so how can you post yet cannot work.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      wifi is down you can't do any work but can post

I may be a bear of little brain but something seems to be missing in this story. Yes I know its a Suity story which means its a part work with the story revealed drip by drip but even so how can you post yet cannot work.
      The drip by drip is so he can fabricate the elements, not exactly news that most of the SY01 posts are total lies.

Obvious question is why if the service was lousy in November he's returned as a customer in January? Simple really there's not a shred of truth to the tale.

Comment

WES.

What sort of a contractor is reliant on free wifi.

Starbucks based suity. He can solve all yo... ur business n... eeds.
        Last edited by Pondlife; 5 January 2015, 13:29.

Comment

Wifi works for my iPad. Not for my laptop.
          I rely on a paid for service from Telekom. It mostly worked ok for me last year.

I cannot work as I need to retrieve and edit SQL files from my email account.

The client does not have a working wifi I can use as it's a German bank.

There are no coffee houses for miles around.

Comment

All the German companies I've worked at, including banks, have had free wi-fi, its just that its only for employees but they do have a guest wi-fi link. You'll probably have to fill in a form and access will be granted, pretty much like most companies anywhere. Most hotels that I stay in now have free wi-fi as well. Here you are, free wlan hotspots in Bonn:

https://www.bonn.de/rat_verwaltung_b...line/hotspots/

Wi-Fi Hotspot Directory | WLAN Hotspots Deutschland, - WiFi Hot Spots - Free Locations - Public Wireless Lan Internet Access

WLAN-Hotspots - Bonn - Cityreview
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

July 04, 2013
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                All the German companies I've worked at, including banks, have had free wi-fi, its just that its only for employees but they do have a guest wi-fi link. You'll probably have to fill in a form and access will be granted, pretty much like most companies anywhere. Most hotels that I stay in now have free wi-fi as well. Here you are, free wlan hotspots in Bonn:

https://www.bonn.de/rat_verwaltung_b...line/hotspots/

Wi-Fi Hotspot Directory | WLAN Hotspots Deutschland, - WiFi Hot Spots - Free Locations - Public Wireless Lan Internet Access

WLAN-Hotspots - Bonn - Cityreview
                I am aware of the free hotspots, but none of them are in range.

I have filled out a request for remote access from UK but 4 months 5 months later it is still not processed. I suspect if I ask about wifi access, and fill out an Antrag it will not be processed today. It's not that I'm ungrateful for your advice, so please feel free to grab a lolly from the "good try jar".

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  July 04, 2013
                  That's precisely my point Darmy.

Comment

Well, no WIFI means no work, simples. So down your tools, engage a german hooker and get some action.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X