• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Save the Children problems in Sierra Leone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the Children problems in Sierra Leone

Good people out of their depth, I think they should have just helped Medecins San Frontier who have experience and competence in this area.

British-built Ebola hospital in Sierra Leone only partly operational | World news | The Guardian
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

way I read it is that they are building a legacy not a quick & dirty solution.

Sounds like they would be better dropping pre built shipping containers with 3 - 5 beds in clusters in each area.

They could also try inflatable concrete.

they need beds now.

£250 million quid would buy and deploy a lot of suitably equipped shipping containers.

You can recall them or leave them as a local hospital with more general use.

MSF seem to have a similar attitude opening large hospitals.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Fortunately the nurse has stablised, should they end up with a 3rd medical staff member catching Ebola they will have some hard questions to answer.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Wait til Katie Hopkins finds out you read the Guardian! OMG!
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
        X