• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil < $50 a Barrel. The Dirty Spekulant thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil < $50 a Barrel. The Dirty Spekulant thread

So Oil has continued to drop and is expected to hit $40. Therefore Oil companies share prices are dropping, but who benefits.

Ryan Air is up 30% as they have a high fuel cost. But what else?

What are the panels recommendations for share purchases for who's going to benefit?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So Oil has continued to drop and is expected to hit $40. Therefore Oil companies share prices are dropping, but who benefits.

Ryan Air is up 30% as they have a high fuel cost. But what else?

What are the panels recommendations for share purchases for who's going to benefit?
    I'd short Majestic12 as its CEO is now awol and posting on some dodgy internet forum all day.

HTH
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I'd short Majestic12 as its CEO is now awol and posting on some dodgy internet forum all day.

HTH
      Can it go lower than 0.01p a share?

Comment

Do your own research. Who benefited last time oil prices were so low? Its bleeding obvious.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Do your own research. Who benefited last time oil prices were so low? Its bleeding obvious.
          So basically you don't know. Move along please.

Comment

I concur.

It does rather depend on what you wish to speculate on.
            For the net exporters of oil this is bad news.
            For the net importers of oil this is good news.
            For the consumer this is good news.
            For the comdolls this is bad news.

I would think as per AtWs QE3 thread, the markets will be ranging at present waiting for the ECBs announcement. Then if this is Hawkish, I would expect EUR trade pairs to suffer. If it is dovish then the opposite.

Comment

Yes, that suggestion will provoke me into revealing my strategy on the public forum. Seriously though, it's bleeding obvious. You'll kick yourself when you figure it out.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yes, that suggestion will provoke me into revealing my strategy on the public forum. Seriously though, it's bleeding obvious. You'll kick yourself when you figure it out.
                Why would you not reveal it, you think a handful of other people knowing will have any effect on your results?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  I concur.

It does rather depend on what you wish to speculate on.
                  For the net exporters of oil this is bad news.
                  For the net importers of oil this is good news.
                  For the consumer this is good news.
                  For the comdolls this is bad news.

I would think as per AtWs QE3 thread, the markets will be ranging at present waiting for the ECBs announcement. Then if this is Hawkish, I would expect EUR trade pairs to suffer. If it is dovish then the opposite.
                  This sort of thinking is all focused on the short-term quick gains. Why doesn't he get into penny stocks if that's all he cares about?

Think long-term. The beneficiaries of low oil prices could not be clearer.

Comment

This sort of thinking is all focused on the short-term quick gains. Why doesn't he get into penny stocks if that's all he cares about?

Think long-term. The beneficiaries of low oil prices could not be clearer.
                    So are you assuming the oil prices will remain low for the long term?

Comment

Working...
                    X