• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fairness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairness

"David Cameron unlikely to take part in leaders' debates after Greens' snub"

"David Cameron has all but ruled out taking part in televised election debates.

His remarks prompted Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the UK Independence Party to accuse Mr Cameron of running scared from the leaders' debates ahead of polling day in May.

The Prime Minister made his comments after Ofcom, the media regulator, said in draft guidance that the UK Independence Party but not the Green party would be a ”major party” at the election.

The news was seen as dealing a serious blow to the hopes of the Greens to take part in the election debates.

Ofcom’s Broadcasting Code requires that “due weight must be given to the broadcast coverage of major parties during the election period”

It does not directly affect which party leaders are invited to take part in live TV debates, which is an editorial matter for each broadcaster in direct negotiation with the parties.

Mr Cameron has repeatedly said the Greens should be allowed to take part in the televised debates if Ukip was welcomed.

Mr Cameron was asked by ITV News if he was saying that he would not cooperate in the debates "as it stands" because the Greens were not allowed to participate.

He replied: “Correct. I don’t think the current proposals work. You can’t have one minor party without having another minor party and I think that’s only fair.”

Mr Cameron is thought to be keen for the Green party to participate because it will help them take votes away from the left of centres Labour and Liberal Democrat parties.

One source close to Mr Cameron said that it was “obvious point” that you “can’t have Ukip without the Greens”.

Source: David Cameron unlikely to take part in leaders' debates after Greens' snub - Telegraph

AtW's comment - you utter utter ****, *******! Your ****ing job is NOT Green Party or any other party than Conservative, FFS!!! More likely that you are a liar and a coward.

For AtW:

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      For AtW:

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        God I hope you morons get Milliband next. How I'll laugh.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          1. God doesn't exist

2. Miliband

Comment

Other than bantering with Miliband (who typically performs abysmally during Q&A sessions) and exchanging quips during PMQ, I don't think he'd stand too great a chance. I am hoping Boris replaces him as Tory leader.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Ed or David?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

Milieband
                FTFY
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Firstly if there is nothing to gain for Cameron by entering into a live debate why on earth should he do so. The Tories/coalition have also shown a great deal of competence over the last 5 years;
                  This Coalition has never banged the drum for its social revolution - Telegraph
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What is the point of a televised debate, except as 'entertainment' for some?

Comment

Working...
                    X