• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dodgy agencies/agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dodgy agencies/agents

Hi all
    Thought to start a thread on the dodgy agencies/agents that you encountered during your contracting careers and to try and make a list to everyone who we should doubt and even stay away from.
    Try to attach story or example to the names ,this can show on a consistent pattern of an agency and help us all in the future.

Oh dear.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dodgy Agent

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

4 ..........

Comment

Nice that you've come back after 17 months and 'liked' the answers to the 'offer to go perm' thread. Are they still waiting for an answer?

Comment

the 3 months became 18 after saying no but no

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Nice that you've come back after 17 months and 'liked' the answers to the 'offer to go perm' thread. Are they still waiting for an answer?
              the 3 months became 18 after saying no but no
              Hard to get makes the trick

Comment

Originally posted by david1888 View Post
                Hi all
                Thought to start a thread on the dodgy agencies/agents that you encountered during your contracting careers and to try and make a list to everyone who we should doubt and even stay away from.
                Try to attach story or example to the names ,this can show on a consistent pattern of an agency and help us all in the future.
                I can't be bothered....

Comment

Hi all
                  Far be it for me to call you a cretin. even though you are obviously a cretin.

I had a bad experience once with an agent called Ivor. Ivor Bollockoff

Of course, I knew he wasn't real. It was a nom de plume, or a nom de guerre

who fckng cares ??

same agency , a few years later, I got a job via T.Scrumptious

who cares ??

are you really suggesting a register of transients or made-up names ?

cretin
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Hi all
                    Good grief, not another one...
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X