• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lyse Douchebag

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyse Douchebag

Is Lyse Doucet the worst TV journalist ever?
    She's doing the BBC coverage of the terrorist incidents in France and she is crap.
    I'm waiting for her to tell us the terrorists favourite colours.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Why does she look like Katie Hopkins today?

Comment

I watched the coverage on RT and N24.

RT the anchor was gleefully excited and animated with every plot twist, with faux humility and hand wringing every few minutes as if someone kept telling him in his earpiece to calm it down.

Much more relaxed affair on N24. Recommended.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
        Is Lyse Doucet the worst TV journalist ever?
        Dunno about her merits as a TV journalist but she seems to have a knack for getting in the limelight where I think other journalists are more deserving.

Horrible voice.

I'm pretty sure that when she first came to my notice in the mid-90s (appearing as part of the purge of quite a few decent journalists from the Beeb), she spelled her name plain old "Lis" or "Liz".

Doesn't even pronounce "Doucet" correctly, assuming it's French in origin.

Ever since then I've called her "Liz Duckett" (poss long lost daughter of Vera).
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          That pompous Welsh twat Huw Edwards was there on Wednesday.

He's even more unpleasant.

Look you, there's tidy then.

Huw Edwards (journalist) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          That was odd. He kept checking his mobile phone while he was talking.

Comment

Lyse Doucet is French Canadian and was probably back from Iraq/Syria/Middle East on a bit of R&R when she got hauled into Paris as she's a French speaker.

It wasn't her best moment admittedly, but who knows what was going on behind the scenes?
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Lyse Doucet is French Canadian and was probably back from Iraq/Syria/Middle East on a bit of R&R when she got hauled into Paris as she's a French speaker.

It wasn't her best moment admittedly, but who knows what was going on behind the scenes?
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_leCMPLoYk
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

She's definitely no Kate Adie. Now she was a disaster reporter! You knew your holiday was fecked if Kate Adie was staying in the same hotel or a nun with a guitar got on your plane.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
                X