• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF Scotland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF Scotland

Cameron warning of 'danger to UK'

David Cameron will press for greater cross-border understanding

English ignorance of Scotland is damaging the union, according to the UK Conservative leader David Cameron.

He wants Scotland to remain part of the UK, but says unionists have to develop better arguments against independence.

Labour warns of the economic costs of separation but Mr Cameron cautions that Scotland cannot be cowed by fear.

He believes English ignorance of Scots and Scotland are almost more damaging to the union.

What is Cameron on about? Why is he pandering to the Scots? For decades all we have heard is Scotland bleating on about English slights (real or imagined) why is the Union seen as a benefit to England?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Coz they pay the parties wages !

Comment

Just likely to annoy people that, and the Jockos still won't vote for him. Waste of time.

Comment

Meaningless blithering. The Blithering Cameron is blithering again, blithering is what he does. If we all go to night school to learn about Scotland that will help will it?

Increased hostility to the Scots in recent years is down to two* major causes - one being resentment at Scottish say in purely English affairs. It never seems to occur to the fools that rule us that when there is ill feeling between peoples the best way to prevent it is to tackle the issues that cause it.

Despite the polls, not sure if the blithering twit will get many Tory MPs anywhere. For most who consider themselves conservative in the conservative heartlands there is only party worth voting for - UKIP

PS *The other one is surely obvious
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I read it as "vote tory or vote independence". Either way it would remove several labour MPs from parliament. Which would be a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
            Increased hostility to the Scots in recent years is down to two* major causes - one being resentment at Scottish say in purely English affairs. It never seems to occur to the fools that rule us that when there is ill feeling between peoples the best way to prevent it is to tackle the issues that cause it.

PS *The other one is surely obvious
            When the shoes on the other foot suddenly you whinge. But I agree, no reason for Scottish MP's to be involved in purely english matters - can't imagine you'd find too many Scot's who disagree either. Guess it's just the imbalance this could cause with who controls the government that's the issue to powers that be.

The other one would be penis envy. Fraid the government (This or any other) can't do anything about your lack of endownment in that regard. Chin up though, it probably makes you better lovers cause you have to try harder ...
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
              Cameron warning of 'danger to UK'

David Cameron will press for greater cross-border understanding

English ignorance of Scotland is damaging the union, according to the UK Conservative leader David Cameron.

Mr Cameron cautions that Scotland cannot be cowed by fear.
              I am surprised and impressed by Cameron's insight. I was telling my English friends this 30 years ago, but it made sense to few.

Despite what many of you here think, the Scots are highly conservative about the Union: anybody else would be long gone. And when the unin does break up, it will be England that has done it.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                And when the unin does break up, it will be England that has done it.
                Just a matter of time...
                Me, me, me...

Comment

And when the unin does break up, it will be England that has done it.
                  Sorry. Of course I meant, when the Onion does break up.

Comment

Sorry. Of course I meant, when the Onion does break up.
                    I see. It will all end in tears.

Comment

Working...
                    X