• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Debt culture 'seduces' pensioners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debt culture 'seduces' pensioners

One in four pensioners are borrowing money without any plan to pay it back, a survey from advisers Sesame suggests.
    From the BBC

So, do you intend that the last cheque you write will bounce? Or will you always have something for a rainy day?

Coz they will die before the debt collectos start knocking !

Comment

Exactly. So do people intend doing similar and spending all their worldly goods, living life to the full in their twilight years or will people always keep some reserves because you don't know how long you'll last?

Comment

in 30 years time i bet my attitude to a lot of things will have changed. I will add this topic to my favourites and get back to you then...
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          From the BBC

So, do you intend that the last cheque you write will bounce?
          To the undertaker?

Comment

http://www.creditaction.org.uk/

NB: the last entry is to July only - wait until Dec result is published. Notice the debt rate increase over the last 6 years?
            Last edited by hyperD; 15 September 2006, 12:47.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Funny how it's trebled since labour got into power !

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD

http://www.creditaction.org.uk/

NB: the last entry is to July only - wait until Dec result is published. Notice the debt rate increase over the last 6 years?
                Notice how secured lending has risen compared to other lending.

It just shows massively rising house prices (i.e people taking on huge mortgages).

Since house prices will only ever rise, this is nothing to worry about.

HTH
                First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

It should be going down by the amount I've paid back. I've paid off 10k on two of my cards now.
                  Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                  X