• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you like an AK47 with that?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you like an AK47 with that?

And here's an AtW special:

Gun shop uses picture of murdered British hostage in advert | Metro News

For dear old Freako, this is a story regarding the somewhat (for that read "very") inappropriate advert for a Czech gunshoppe.

The caption underneath the advert for the Czech gun shop says, ‘With empty hands you, too, may soon be kneeling down.’

The image – taken from an execution video – shows the charity worker on his knees wearing an orange jumpsuit just seconds before the IS executioner known as Jihadi John beheads him.

The advert – for gunsmiths Zeleny Sport in Vysoke Myto, a town in the central Czech Republic – was published in the latest edition of firearms magazine the Strelecka Revue.

The shop claims to have ‘the biggest stock of Kalashnikovs in Christian Europe’.

The shop claims to have ‘the biggest stock of Kalashnikovs in Christian Europe’.

Which shop has the biggest stock in Muslim Europe, and are they cheaper?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Which shop has the biggest stock in Muslim Europe, and are they cheaper?
      There is a Spar in Bijac, Bosnia that does some pretty good deals.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I'm not really one for being offended, but Jesus, in what world do they live:

"Despite calls for the advert to be banned, the shop’s boss said the advert was ‘just a bit of fun’."

Yes, people being executed is hilarious.

"I really believe that most of the magazine’s readers would have understood it like this. We didn’t want to demean anybody’s dignity."

Yep, nothing says dignity like having the last picture of you and your to-be-executioner used as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          I'm not really one for being offended, but Jesus, in what world do they live:

"Despite calls for the advert to be banned, the shop’s boss said the advert was ‘just a bit of fun’."

Yes, people being executed is hilarious.

"I really believe that most of the magazine’s readers would have understood it like this. We didn’t want to demean anybody’s dignity."

Yep, nothing says dignity like having the last picture of you and your to-be-executioner used as a joke.
          But it is in keeping with the spirit of Charlie's 'right to offend' and indeed, your right to be offended. So it's ok for them to do it and it's at least as ok for you not to like it.

Comment

In that neck of the woods, so close to Bosnia, the ad isn't just in bad taste. It's verging on incitement to violence (against muslims)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              In that neck of the woods, so close to Bosnia, the ad isn't just in bad taste. It's verging on incitement to violence (against muslims)
              That old excuse.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I don't like AKs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I don't like AKs.
                  I bet you're an old school FN SLR type?
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    I bet you're an old school FN SLR type?
                    No, I am more of a "I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure" school type.

Comment

Working...
                    X