• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stop breathing!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop breathing!

Oxygen gives you lung cancer!

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/oxygen-air...6.html#qQISqTk

For dear old Freako, this is a study that links the incidence of lung cancer to elevation.

The higher up you live, the less likely you are to get lung cancer.

I'm off to climb everest*.

*Other double & triple glazing is available. YMMV. IANADGF.

Surely you're more likely to be exposed to harmful levels of UV at altitude. Or maybe that's counter balanced by there being feck all to do on top of a mountain, so there are fewer opportunities for smoking and drinking. It's all very confusing

Here's a mongolian steppe dweller to illustrate the health benefits of being a 3rd world yak farmer

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      He's looking good for 103.
      He's a she and she's only 23.
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Working...
      X