• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap suits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap suits

I posted something a while ago about cheap suits from BHS (£84 for two suits and three extra pairs of trousers). Well, yesterday I bought another two wool mix suits and an extra pair of trousers from the BHS stock clearance for just £75 all in, including suit bags.

Result !

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Originally posted by oraclesmith
    Result !
    You scored?

Comment

The Ex C&A man !

Comment

I posted something a while ago about cheap suits from BHS (£84 for two suits and three extra pairs of trousers). Well, yesterday I bought another two wool mix suits and an extra pair of trousers from the BHS stock clearance for just £75 all in, including suit bags.

Result !

You can wear bin bags. They are cheaper and keep you dry in the rain.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

there's a guy in our office - new suit - bragging - but - one leg shorter - jacket different shade from trousers - missing cuff button left arm - threads out back - split trouser seam - should we tell him?

sorry, couldn't resist igmc

Comment

I wrote the dress code for our office. One word: Optional.
            Blair, you cannot reach me now,
            No matter how you try,
            Goodbye cruel Labour,
            Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

I don't bother with expensive suits for contracting anymore. I once bought a suit costing £300 for contracting but the trousers went through in about 8 months leaving me with a useless jacket. OK, I could have bought more trousers, for over £100 apiece, but I know they'd last just the same amount of time. Also, it only serves to make the permies unreasonably jealous if you turn up everyday dressed like James Bond.

Save the good suits for special occasions I say.
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I don't bother with expensive suits for contracting anymore. I once bought a suit costing £300 for contracting but the trousers went through in about 8 months leaving me with a useless jacket. OK, I could have bought more trousers, for over £100 apiece, but I know they'd last just the same amount of time. Also, it only serves to make the permies unreasonably jealous if you turn up everyday dressed like James Bond.

Save the good suits for special occasions I say.
                Yeah, but wearing a James Bond-esque suit helps me score with the permie gals...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                  Yeah, but wearing a James Bond-esque suit helps me score with the permie gals...

Your suit is responsible for promotions and contracts, not you. Remember.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

The only time I've worn a suit in the last two years was my mums funeral last week. I doubt if I've a a suit on more that 2 or 3 times in the three years before that. Good shirt and tie, shoes trousers yes, but a proper suit nah. I don't even have a jacket to got to dinner in.
                    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                    No matter how you try,
                    Goodbye cruel Labour,
                    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Working...
                    X