• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else starts at 11?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else starts at 11?

Come on you lazy fckwit! Who the hell are you? Pretending to be late shifters and leave at 17.32 when everybody else has left.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

(Yawn) where's my clock card?

Anybody else here ever used clock cards?

Comment

I used to work at Mars Electronic in Winnersh.

They had a clocking in system and the clocks used metric minutes (i.e each hour was subdivided into 100 ticks).

So 3.15 was actually 3.09

Obviously a real techie behind that one.
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I´m on last week of Summer timetable here in Madrid, that means 8-3pm. Theoretically that means no time for lunch but every one downs tools for a half an hour breakfast at 12.

Comment

I started at 11 today and will finish about 3'ish to go to the pub as the weather is quite nice. I used to work at GZS in Bad Vilbel who had a clocking in system which I tried to prove, unsuccessfully, didn't apply to me as I was a contractor. I went in to do a system upgrade over a weekend and the system showed that I had worked 192 hours but they wouldn't let me put it on my timesheet

At Porsche they had one but I wasn't applicable there but my timesheets had to be done online into a SAP system. The trouble was, Porsche only allowed Netscape browser and SAP would only work with IE which caused some fun.

One of the companies I work for now use Great Plains which don't work with Firefox. I argued, successfully this time, that I only use Linux so I can't use IE so I just scribble off a note to them on what I've done. Trust is the word
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
            One of the companies I work for now use Great Plains which don't work with Firefox. I argued, successfully this time, that I only use Linux so I can't use IE so I just scribble off a note to them on what I've done. Trust is the word
            Yes you can. Vine and don't whine about it.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Yes you can. Vine and don't whine about it.
              But I don't want to I could use Bochs as well...or Xen, or VMWare...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I had rather assumed that when Wendigo asked about "clock cards" he meant it literally.

I've worked at loads of places where I had to clock on electronically. I rather like doing so, it saves all the arguements about whether you really did work 42 hours this week. (That is, as long as some jobsworth manager doesn't use it to bollock you for violating the core times by 1 minute).

I did once have to clock on with a 'card', but that was 20 years ago.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
                  I had rather assumed that when Wendigo asked about "clock cards" he meant it literally.

tim

Wendigo is a "he" ? When was the surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                    Wendigo is a "he" ? When was the surgery?
                    He said that avatar is a piccy of his girlfriend in a previous thread
                    Boom boom boom boom
                    A-haw haw haw haw
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
                    Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

Working...
                    X