• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil at $20

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil at $20

Last week, I was on about the dramatic fall in the oil price, down towards 50

I was talking about the various implications and the possible reasons. But I don't have a clue.

Now it looks like oil is on its way towards 20, and I am starting to get a clue.

It's starting to look like it's a deliberate attempt to wipe out the frakking industry. esp in the USA.
    (apologies to those who saw this straight away)

In my Opinion - If a monopoly wants to wipe out the fledgling competition, we need to smack the monopoly, not the new players
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I think it's more an attempt to destabilise Russia and Iran.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
      all good stuff imho

plus, it works the greens over, which makes me ver happy
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Saudi says it wants to keep market share

If it drops production, then somebody else will produce more, which won't save the price per barrel, so we'll keep our market share and will pocket the cash. If that affects anybody else, then tough.

Oil prices and Saudi diplomacy: Kemp | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Disarm and that's not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Last week, I was on about the dramatic fall in the oil price, down towards 50

I was talking about the various implications and the possible reasons. But I don't have a clue.

Now it looks like oil is on its way towards 20, and I am starting to get a clue.

It's starting to look like it's a deliberate attempt to wipe out the frakking industry. esp in the USA.
            (apologies to those who saw this straight away)

In my Opinion - If a monopoly wants to wipe out the fledgling competition, we need to smack the monopoly, not the new players
            Re fracking. In the US the private land owner shares in the windfall. You'd expect that would also be the case in the UK? Wrong..the uk government is going to pass legislation enabling them to steal it from under the landowner. Disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
              Re fracking. In the US the private land owner shares in the windfall. You'd expect that would also be the case in the UK? Wrong..the uk government is going to pass legislation enabling them to steal it from under the landowner. Disgusting
              A small group of people with too much time on their hands will stop fracking from happening in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
                I think the current freehold covenants already include all sorts of restrictions on claim of landowner for natural resources under the land. If a gold vein is found on your land the crown has the right not the land owner.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  all good stuff imho

plus, it works the greens over, which makes me ver happy
                  Not really. It's how wars start.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Not really. It's how wars start.
                    WHS
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X