• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

Well it seems that the person who I delegated the asking of this question to has disappeared off this site.

So its left to me to ask, what is everyone doing this weekend....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight I am packing the van an emptying bits out of the garge because tomorrow ..

I (and the rest of the family) am nipping up to a 16c manor house where, after a tour, I will take part in some fighting, archery, story telling and a banquet before dancing the night away with 15c Italian dances (I am quite looking forward to this!).

Sunday I will spend taking the kids to church, nursing various bruises and working on some pet projects ... either a coding thing or finishing off the plot doc for a Cthulhu game I want to run next month.

You?
    Last edited by MyUserName; 16 January 2015, 10:04. Reason: Forgot my manners
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Tonight: Venturing into the garage to replenish the indoor wood supply, Sofa, TV, Wine.
      Sat: Leaving the house for the first time in a week. Maybe a trip to the cinema for one of those massive hotdog things and a bucket of pop.
      Sun: Pottering about and cooking a monster curry

TFA! You?

Comment

Saturday - take children to ballet in the morning. Deal with whiny crying child who has to do her maths homework in the afternoon. Children out to a party in the evening, MrsF out after the party until the early hours of the morning so an evening watching 80s films probably.

Sunday - lie in, then put tea in the slow cooker. Nothing much - probably deal with the same whiny crying child with the same homework issues.

No doubt some form of internet usage will come into both days.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

My piano is arriving tonight so maybe playing on it, though probably it will be out of tune so I'll just have to sit looking at it mournfully instead.

I'm looking forward to watching Robertson Vs O'Sullivan in the snooker on Saturday, that should be a fun one.

Maybe playing on GT6 if I can be bothered to plug in the wheel and pedals. Otherwise playing darts in the garage if it's not too nippy.

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Sun: Pottering about and cooking a monster curry
          What kind of monster will you use? Sea monster, land-monster, or flying monster?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What kind of monster will you use? Sea monster, land-monster, or flying monster?
            Chili monster.

I was in a local restaurant the other week and was talking to the chef and he gave me a container of the magic ingredients that go into a certain dish that tastes fantastic but blows your socks off. So Sunday will involve Googling every possible variation of this wonder and working out how to recreate it at home. The chilies come from a specific farm in Pembrokeshire and I haven't managed to find them in the local asian/indian supermarkets.

Comment

TFA eek. Who's the usual person - Brillo?

Swimming lesson [child] and ice skating [both of us] tomorrow, then a family meal on Sunday with Mama Poppins the chef which should be nice.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Friday: Kegel
                Saturday: Luxembourg, then Essen for 3 years Freak Show with Duncan Reid and the Big Heads
                Sunday: Recovering

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Flying. Grrrrrrrrr.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Tonight - drive home from client site, bung a washing on, in the pub by 7:00

Sat - Coffee shop A.M. to read the papers. PM company books. Evening pub dinner.

Sun - Tit about with computers. Make a curry. Watch House of cards. Boring but I bought the CDs already.

Comment

Working...
                    X