• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock News 2014 was the warmest year since records began

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock News 2014 was the warmest year since records began

NASA have declared that 2014 was the warmest year since records began in 1880, with surface temperatures about 0.68 Celsius (33 °F) higher than the historic average
    Maths not their strongest subject then
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Another triumph for someone googling 'what is 0.68 celcius in fahrenheit' then. I doubt it was NASA though.

Comment

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

2014 was the hottest year on record : Nature News & Comment

Comment

2014 was the hottest year on record : Nature News & Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/17/sc...id=tw-bna&_r=0

It’s official: 2014 was the hottest year in recorded history - The Washington Post

Comment

2014 not particularly significant, just warmist hype

That is, of course, an indication that the Earth’s average temperature for the last decade has changed very little.
            One temperature record (the others don't show it) shows the temps as a fraction of a fraction of a fraction degree hotter than 2005 and 2010, i.e. 2014 was no hotter than 2005 so obviously the global warming pause continues.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 17 January 2015, 11:19.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

This raw data is analyzed using an algorithm that takes into account the varied spacing of temperature stations around the globe and urban heating effects that could skew the calculation. The result is an estimate of the global average temperature difference from a baseline period of 1951 to 1980.
              Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Global Temperature
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Only NASA and NOAA have reported so far, both records. NASA's 2005 anomaly was 0.65C, 2014 0.68C, a small rise but not really consistent with a 'pause', especially as previous record years were boosted by El Ninos... according to NOAA

During 2014, the average temperature across global land and ocean surfaces was 1.24°F (0.69°C) above the 20th century average. This was the highest among all 135 years in the 1880–2014 record, surpassing the previous records of 2005 and 2010 by 0.07°F (0.04°C).

Record warmth was spread around the world, including Far East Russia into western Alaska, the western United States, parts of interior South America, most of Europe stretching into northern Africa, parts of eastern and western coastal Australia, much of the northeastern Pacific around the Gulf of Alaska, the central to western equatorial Pacific, large swaths of northwestern and southeastern Atlantic, most of the Norwegian Sea, and parts of the central to southern Indian Ocean.

Comment

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X