• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do teachers sit in the class hierarchy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do teachers sit in the class hierarchy?

I was on a date earlier with a Russian chick and I was asking her questions about Russia.

I said, in Britain (imagine now I'm using my hands to show a 12'' ruler size) one inch is upper class, eight inches is middle class and three inches is working class (i was trying to size the class structure). I said, I'm middle class , but that's not relevant. She knows.

Anyway, she told me, the working class in Russia is nine inches (going by my visual cue).

Trying to be interesting I asked where teachers fit into that size structure. She said they are working class. She then explained it was about income. But she qualified it by saying it depends on the subject they teach.

That then triggered the thought in my head. In the UK, are teachers working class?

Edit: Meh
    Last edited by vwdan; 17 January 2015, 16:34.

Comment

Teachers usually sit in the staff room
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by GusOSlaine View Post

That then triggered the thought in my head. In the UK, are teachers working class?

No. They're work shy left wing layabouts who work 39 weeks of the year, 35 hours per week & love to go out on strike over their gold plated pensions or long working hours, causing those of us with kids to have to pay for childcare or take days off.

On your ruler, they're the greasy fingerprint on the bottom.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm longer than 8 inches but I'm still middle class.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            No. They're work shy left wing layabouts who work 39 weeks of the year, 35 hours per week & love to go out on strike over their gold plated pensions or long working hours, causing those of us with kids to have to pay for childcare or take days off.

Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

You must only know private school or arts/RE teachers.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                He doesn't know a bloody thing about anything as continually evidenced by his uninformed nonsense posting.

Comment

I know plenty of right-wing work-shy layabout teachers.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Oh, do they work less than 39 weeks per year and 35 hours per week? Private school of course don't get a golden pension.

Out of all of the 'professions' we the tax payer, pay for, teachers are without doubt the most self-indulgent bunch of self righteous whingers I have ever seen. They have it better than Brillopads ex-wives, but yet they still want more & worse they want to continually tell us about it.

Work in the private sector and see what real work is like.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X