• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Portavble blu ray player with screen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portavble blu ray player with screen

Portable DVD players 10 a penny these days but cant find many of these?

Then again, laptop with blu ray drive is probably easier and cheaper. Or at least usb blu ray drive connected to laptop.

Thats the problem with upsizing to blu ray I guess. Got loads of blu rays but cant watch them when Im away.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Then again, laptop with blu ray drive is probably easier and cheaper. Or at least usb blu ray drive connected to laptop.

Thats the problem with upsizing to blu ray I guess. Got loads of blu rays but cant watch them when Im away.
    You're a contractor, pay for hookers and forget TV till you are home.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

My Clientco laptop hasn't got a DVD player

Comment

Doesn't Ultraviolet give you access to a downloadable version for your tablet...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Doesn't Ultraviolet give you access to a downloadable version for your tablet...
          Not everything is on ultraviolet.
          (And its a nightmare getting it working)

Comment

Not everything is on ultraviolet.
            (And its a nightmare getting it working)
            And the video quality is garbage. My Breaking Bad DVDs came with UV, so just out of curiosity I watched a few minutes of an episode on both. The UV version was clearly poorer, with muddier colours and lack of definition.

I'll stop there, before I start sounding like one of those hifi nuts, but for video

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              And the video quality is garbage. My Breaking Bad DVDs came with UV, so just out of curiosity I watched a few minutes of an episode on both. The UV version was clearly poorer, with muddier colours and lack of definition.

I'll stop there, before I start sounding like one of those hifi nuts, but for video
              I just download stuff I already own and throw it on Plex. That allows me to see whatever is in the library on the telly and download what I want to the ipad before going away for the day/ week.

Comment

Plex looks good. Work with kindle fire by any chance? probably not :-(

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's the old conundrum, portability vs quality. When there's a bandwidth consideration the quality goes 1st.
                  If you're used to DVD and Bluray quality and notice it because you're watching on a decent screen size then I don't think there's a way to mitigate it bar lugging disks.
                  I know what you mean about the hifi nuts argument, but most people can actually spot wonky picture quality where as the hifi loonies I doubt most could spot their issues without a lot of test gear

Comment

Plex looks good. Work with kindle fire by any chance? probably not :-(
                    Sorry you will have to do your own research there. I don't use cheapstake tablets (happy to use kindle ereaders as they are best in market but for tablets I just have an iPad).

Comment

Working...
                    X