• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Skiing in jock land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skiing in jock land

Snow looks great, what's the easiest resort you can fly to from London, then get a train/taxi/car/bus to ? Or are they all in middle of nowhere ?

Skiiing in Scotland:

If it has snowed you can't get there due to snow causing the roads to be closed.
    If it hasn't snowed there's no skiiing due to lack of snow.

It's the British way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
      Snow looks great, what's the easiest resort you can fly to from London, then get a train/taxi/car/bus to ? Or are they all in middle of nowhere ?
      Aviemore (cairngorms) roughly 2.5 hours from Glasgow by car, Glencoe about 2 hours, Glenshee (prob the best if it is skiing well) roughly 2.5 hours by car. The lecht is well worth avoiding for access and skiing being generally tulipe and I've never done Aonach Mor so don't know if it's any good.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Fairmilehead? No idea what it's like though.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Fairmilehead? No idea what it's like though.
          It's a dry slope

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            It's a dry slope
            No alcohol? I'd give it a miss then.
            I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Loser
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                It's a dry slope
                Not when it's covered in snow, it isn't.

Comment

Fly to inverness from London easy enough.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Fly to inverness from London easy enough.
                    Good point. Fly to inverness and hire car. Thirty miles to Aviemore for the Cairngorms.

Comment

Working...
                    X