• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well said James Blunt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said James Blunt

James Blunt

Dear Chris Bryant MP,

You classist gimp. I happened to go to a boarding school. No one helped me at boarding school to get into the music business. I bought my first guitar with money I saved from holiday jobs (sandwich packing!). I was taught the only four chords I know by a friend. No one at school had ANY knowledge or contacts in the music business, and I was expected to become a soldier or a lawyer or perhaps a stockbroker. So alien was it, that people laughed at the idea of me going into the music business, and certainly no one was of any use.

In the army, again, people thought it was a mad idea. None of them knew anyone in the business either.

And when I left the army, going against everyone’s advice, EVERYONE I met in the British music industry told me there was no way it would work for me because I was too posh. One record company even asked if I could speak in a different accent. (I told them I could try Russian).

Every step of the way, my background has been AGAINST me succeeding in the music business. And when I have managed to break through, I was STILL scoffed at for being too posh for the industry.

And then you come along, looking for votes, telling working class people that posh people like me don’t deserve it, and that we must redress the balance. But it is your populist, envy-based, vote-hunting ideas which make our country crap, far more than me and my tulip songs, and my plummy accent.

I got signed in America, where they don’t give a stuff about, or even understand what you mean by me and “my ilk”, you prejudiced wazzock, and I worked my arse off. What you teach is the politics of jealousy. Rather than celebrating success and figuring out how we can all exploit it further as the Americans do, you instead talk about how we can hobble that success and “level the playing field”. Perhaps what you’ve failed to realise is that the only head-start my school gave me in the music business, where the VAST majority of people are NOT from boarding school, is to tell me that I should aim high. Perhaps it protected me from your kind of narrow-minded, self-defeating, lead-us-to-a-dead-end, remove-the-‘G’-from-‘GB’ thinking, which is to look at others’ success and say, “it’s not fair.”

Up yours,

James Cucking Funt

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Said in a girly voice of course.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

That one's class !

Why don't you post some "funny" emails you and your clan receive from irated contractors?!

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Said in a girly voice of course.
        You think he can beat Russell Brand at that ?!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          That one's class !

Why don't you post some "funny" emails you and your clan receive from irated contractors?!
          I have so many and I could not repeat what they say on such a "nice" site as CUK
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            That one's class !

Are they similar to xrated or something?

Comment

JB is "dominating the arts"?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

..and another recent gem.

I'm guessing this is not good. RT @supermarton: James Blunt es lo peor que le ha pasado a la humanidad desde Hitler
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Had to laugh when Laurence Fox (from the same family that brought us James, Edward and Emilia {the Fox}) started going on at Bryant, proving his point.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X