• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Carribean Pirate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO Carribean Pirate

How come on the web cam you posted earlier, there is an hours time difference between the two cams even though they are hanging on the same wall ?

http://www.reefgrill.com/netcam/index.html

Coz the guy is a twit, like you.

Actually, he's not. I've met him. The owner/manager does all his own web stuff as a hobby. The web cams cost him a fortune to run because of bandwidth. I don't know why he's left it. I know that he knows. At this time of year the difference is 6hours. When the clocks go back it will be 5hrs. So the webcam that you gave the link for is correct.
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

There are two wecams on there, webcam and webcam2 at the top on the menu. they are an hour apart !

Comment

Admit it CP, you set it up (wrong) for him didnt you !

Comment

Nah, If I set it up it wouldn't work at all!!!!!
          No matter how you try,
          Goodbye cruel Labour,
          Your end is nigh.

Comment

Look I need to know what you're going to do about this time difference between the two webcams !

Comment

Because the Cayman Islands are near the equator they don't use daylight saving. However, the main trading partner, the US, does and so do the cruise ships that visit the island. The tourists get very confused and sometimes miss the ship departing.

So there is a law that requires that all businesses show both local and US time. This also applies to web cams. You can have two times on the screen so one is set to local time and the other set to US / Ship time.

So there!
              No matter how you try,
              Goodbye cruel Labour,
              Your end is nigh.

Comment

Look you're missing the point ! there are two web cams set up on the same wall. One shows one time and the other show a different time of an hour. They do not show two times (clocks) on each web cam as you suggest. !

So I want to know you next explanantion !

Comment

It's the way the internet works. There are two fiber links off the island. One goes directly up to the US, Maya-1, and one to Jamacia. The time it takes for the images is different so that's why the times are different.
                  No matter how you try,
                  Goodbye cruel Labour,
                  Your end is nigh.

Comment

Thank you !

eventually

Comment

Working...
                    X