• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange Peronality type

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Peronality type

As contractors, we meet all sorts.

Usually we just focus on the job or the profits, or the extension, and ignore the fruit - loops.

As I am bored, I thought I would think about this strange fellow I am having to deal with.
    He is a control freak, in contact with the customers, has the ear of the MD.
    So when a change request comes in, being a control freak, he takes charge, formulates a plan, then issues detailed instructions.
    Problem is when his overall plan is shown to be badly flawed. He wont revisit, then take control. He refuses to revisit at all.

He will never , ever , rethink what he says on day 1. totally rigid and inflexible.

a real strange personality
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Suity!!!!!!!!
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      As contractors, we meet all sorts.

Usually we just focus on the job or the profits, or the extension, and ignore the fruit - loops.

As I am bored, I thought I would think about this strange fellow I am having to deal with.
      He is a control freak, in contact with the customers, has the ear of the MD.
      So when a change request comes in, being a control freak, he takes charge, formulates a plan, then issues detailed instructions.
      Problem is when his overall plan is shown to be badly flawed. He wont revisit, then take control. He refuses to revisit at all.

He will never , ever , rethink what he says on day 1. totally rigid and inflexible.

a real strange personality
      He laid out a plan. You showed him how it was wrong, and covered your ass with emails.

Then when it all falls over and they ask for help, you tell them you already warned the weener, then say how long it will take to fix. And keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep invoicing.

Or were you asking how to cure the fellow? If so, I suggest a full frontal lobe labotamy.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post
        He laid out a plan. You showed him how it was wrong, and covered your ass with emails.

Then when it all falls over and they ask for help, you tell them you already warned the weener, then say how long it will take to fix. And keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep invoicing.

Or were you asking how to cure the fellow? If so, I suggest a full frontal lobe labotamy.

funny enough, I can see an alternative
        would like to discuss the alternative
        or even be overruled

the blank refusal to see that there might even be an alternative is very interesting
        even an alternative that he can suggest and control (that's the point here)
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          funny enough, I can see an alternative
          would like to discuss the alternative
          or even be overruled

the blank refusal to see that there might even be an alternative is very interesting
          even an alternative that he can suggest and control (that's the point here)
          Staring into the mind of a cretin for logical answers is folly.

Comment

Very common...

It's called narcissistic personality disorder

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              SuityMF!!!!!!!!
              FTFY
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
              X