• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hells Contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hells Contracts

Gordon Ramsay loses court battle over rent at London pub | Daily Mail Online

Gordon Ramsay loses court battle over father-in-law using autograph machine to sign him up for £640,000-a-year rent at London pub
    Gordon Ramsay disputed being liable for rent on London pub he bought
    He claimed his signature was forged on the lease for the York & Albany
    Ramsay argued a machine signed his name without his knowledge
    The chef said that his father-in-law Christopher Hutcheson was responsible
    Judge ruled Ramsay must have known how the machine was being used
    It's thought that Mr Ramsay faces a legal bill of around £1million
    A spokesman for the TV chef said he is 'now reviewing his options'
    not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Ramsey is a knob but I really doubt the judge should have dismissed the obvious abuse of a autograph machine.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

He was willing to allow other people to put his signature on documents. Self inflected no sympathy
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Gordon Ramsay loses court battle over rent at London pub | Daily Mail Online

not sure whether I should laugh or cry. Ramsey is a knob but I really doubt the judge should have dismissed the obvious abuse of a autograph machine.
      Indeed, from what I read the father in law was empowered to use the signature machine. Maybe a duff business decision to agree to the lease, but a far bigger bit of feckwittery allowing other people a proxy signature.
      Self inflicted wound.

Comment

Working...
      X