• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowed In!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowed In!

First time I have ever not been able to get to work. I was supposed to be working from home anyway, but my sons were supposed to be at school. Luckily for me one of my two next door neighbours tried to get out of our lane first and got stuck. I offered my sympathies of course and left him to it.
    I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Snowed In!

I was panicking because I've rarely driven in snow.

It wasn't that bad though.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I was panicking because I've rarely
      Me too.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Snow.... What snow are people talking about. About a mm at home and nothing at clientco or on the route to clientco.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Snow.... What snow are people talking about. About a mm at home and nothing at clientco or on the route to clientco.
          I live 1500 feet up in the Pennines, lovely in the summer but it can be a bit grim in the winter. Dead bonny though.
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Snowing here in West Leeds - looks like for the day and I've no bacon in.....

Comment

No snow near me in the East Midlands, but then again I'm benched so I dont have to go out

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Snowing here in West Leeds - looks like for the day and I've no bacon in.....
                We've wrapped our sons up nice and warm and sent them to Oxenhope with their sledges and a note for the Co-op. They can get some supplies and we've already got a few bottles of wine. Sorted.

Comment

Sh@fting down in West Leeds near Rodley.

Neighbours waiting for me to take my 4x4 out so they can analyse the roads (I presume), but I'm working from home

GlenW - Hail the lord for Cullingworth!

Comment

Manchester = rain.

Not so much a weather report as a statement of absolute fact. I'm sure it's in the bible somewhere.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X