• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When is democracy not democratic?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is democracy not democratic?

So 2015 a new slate or is it 'meet the new boss.. same as the old boss'?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

What's membership got to do with it? Means diddly squat if next to no one votes for you, and very few voting intention polls put the Greens above 10%. Though I see no reason the SNP or Greens should be excluded, however much I'd like to see and hear less of Bennett.

Comment

Most the UK isn't interested in what the SNP have to say.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I think they might if they're holding the balance of power in a hung parliament!
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Why does the opinion of someone who lives in Germany matter for a UK election.

If there is a Scottish debate I'm sure the SNP will be part of it. As they don't stand in the 591 seats outside Scotland attending a whole UK debate would be utterly pointless.

Oh and certain people want the Greens in the debate. Labour want UKIP there as they believe UKIP hurts the Conservatives, the Conservatives want the Green party there as they know the Greens are rapidly eating into the Left wing Labour vote.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            I think they might if they're holding the balance of power in a hung parliament!
            They will only support Labour and will only support them if Trident is cancelled. At that point I think you will find the SNP won't be part of any balance of power just a few more people sat on the opposition benches.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's funny how we keep getting dragged into wars in foreign parts on the justification that we are exporting 'democracy' when we are one of the most undemocratic 'democracies' in the world, complete with our own state brodcaster that everyone is forced to fund.

SNP calls for civil service impartiality probe - The Scotsman

SNP demands answers on civil service | Scottish National Party

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It should really be Cameron vs Milliband, let's be honest. Having a 5-way debate is going to be a bit ridiculous and will probably just confuse the electorate.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Why does the opinion of someone who lives in Germany matter for a UK election.

If there is a Scottish debate I'm sure the SNP will be part of it. As they don't stand in the 591 seats outside Scotland attending a whole UK debate would be utterly pointless.

Oh and certain people want the Greens in the debate. Labour want UKIP there as they believe UKIP hurts the Conservatives, the Conservatives want the Green party there as they know the Greens are rapidly eating into the Left wing Labour vote.
                  On that basis, the Tories only have one seat in Scotland so we shouldn't see the debates up here as no one wants to hear what a minority party up here has to say.

Comment

I'd like to see Farage vs Cameron or Miliband.

Comment

Working...
                    X