• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looks like Tone's business acumen is ruffling the odd feather or two.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Tone's business acumen is ruffling the odd feather or two.

New Laws Needed To 'Stop Tony Blair Damaging Reputation Of UK'

Love the comments.

Especially the "Should be hanging from a lamppost" one.

They need to behead Prince Charles as well. Beheading Charlies was an excellent policy of Cromwell's. I think it would make an immensely popular public holiday.

PS Can we burn Vince Cable and Ken Clarke alive while we are at it?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Vince and Ken can be easily ignored, but Charles if crowned king is going to cause a problem.

Some of the countries who have the Queen as the head of state will ensure they become republics.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Vince and Ken can be easily ignored, but Charles if crowned king is going to cause a problem.

Some of the countries who have the Queen as the head of state will ensure they become republics.
        The UK you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          The UK you mean?
          He may have an "accident" so his son is placed on the throne.

Comment

What's wrong with Charles? Apart from the whole Diana/Camilla debacle.

I think he comes across as a genuine, thoughtful, intelligent man.

Comment

The question I have is why 24/7 security he enjoys is not means tested? A wealthy man like himself should be paying for it until his savings are no more than £5k or whatever the number is set to for means tested stuff his Govt set.

Frankly if his actions in power caused so many people to hate him then really it's up to him to deal with the consequences of his decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                What's wrong with Charles? Apart from the whole Diana/Camilla debacle.

I think he comes across as a genuine, thoughtful, intelligent man.
                One role of the monarch is that s/he is a neutral figure head whose opinions are not known.

Charles' opinions on various things are known and he's also been caught meddling in matters that he should not be involved in. If you don't understand what I mean Google Chelsea Barracks is an example that lead to a court case. Another example is his frequent lobbying of government ministers.

Oh and anyone who believes in homeopathy isn't intelligent. (Again you can easily find info about his lobbying of health ministers about this.)

BTW If he had just cheated on his wife and vice versa most people wouldn't give a flying f*** as it's normal behaviour for Royals.

Comment

Oh and anyone who believes in homeopathy isn't intelligent. (Again you can easily find info about his lobbying of health ministers about this.)
                  Well I didn't know about that one.

Prince Charles and homeopathy: crank or revolutionary? - Telegraph

But this suggests Madge is also pretty into it.

Comment

One role of the monarch is that s/he is a neutral figure head whose opinions are not known.
                    It's more like neutered "monarchy" in this country...

Comment

Working...
                    X