• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plain package cigarette boxes - boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plain package cigarette boxes - boomed!

If the UK government ban cigarette packing and make it all plain - what about selling branded cigarette boxes?

I bet the kids would love a tin cigarette box with a Nike swoosh on it. Or one that looks like an iPhone.

Someones gotta do it! Why not me? I'll donate some of my profits to a lung cancer charity, which will absolve my conscience.

Maybe the old Craven A box I found under the floorboards when I did a small repair job will be a collector's item, worth thousands!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

SY01 ... Sorry PV01

Comment

Just a survey on summit I've observed for a long time. Ignoring the cancer and other serious conditions I wonder if there is a plus side to smoking. Non-smokers seem much more likely to get colds and flu and minor sniffles than smokers. Anyone else noticed that?
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PV01 View Post
          If the UK government ban cigarette packing and make it all plain - what about selling branded cigarette boxes?

I bet the kids would love a tin cigarette box with a Nike swoosh on it. Or one that looks like an iPhone.

Someones gotta do it! Why not me? I'll donate some of my profits to a lung cancer charity, which will absolve my conscience.
          Sorry...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PV01 View Post
            I bet the kids would love a tin cigarette box with a Nike swoosh on it. Or one that looks like an iPhone. Someones gotta do it! Why not me?
            It would likely to be deemed passing off, and even if you win court action against Nike and Apple you'll never get your very large legal costs back.

People who still buy cigarettes do so for the product, not fancy box. Having said that it is a very good idea to remove any branding on those boxes - the fact that tobacco companies oppose it pretty much speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It would likely to be deemed passing off, and even if you win court action against Nike and Apple you'll never get your very large legal costs back.

People who still buy cigarettes do so for the product, not fancy box. Having said that it is a very good idea to remove any branding on those boxes - the fact that tobacco companies oppose it pretty much speaks for itself.
              For the product of a certain brand, to be more precise.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Just a survey on summit I've observed for a long time. Ignoring the cancer and other serious conditions I wonder if there is a plus side to smoking. Non-smokers seem much more likely to get colds and flu and minor sniffles than smokers. Anyone else noticed that?

Where did you get that fact from ?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                  For the product of a certain brand, to be more precise.
                  Yes, but they will still be asking for it and getting it, wonder how shop floor people identify one brand from the other? Could be good fun given that prices are different.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Yes, but they will still be asking for it and getting it, wonder how shop floor people identify one brand from the other? Could be good fun given that prices are different.
                    Well, I can see a scam on the horizon with cheap Ciggies flooding the market.

The rogues (Aussies) have tried it since 2012 and the results were strange. Keep in mind, we are talking about the Aussies.

Plain cigarette packaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                    X