• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can Naturilisation fees be expensed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Naturilisation fees be expensed?

Just wondering if I can expense the Naturalisation fee as part of a limited company expense (example need to become a British passport holder to have the right to work in this country?)

Originally posted by amarkitanis View Post
    Just wondering if I can expense the Naturalisation fee as part of a limited company expense (example need to become a British passport holder to have the right to work in this country?)
    No. What a ridiculous question. Plus you don't need a British passport to work in the UK, you just need the appropriate work visa or just say on ILR.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      No. What a ridiculous question. Plus you don't need a British passport to work in the UK, you just need the appropriate work visa or just say on ILR.
      Thanks, but there's no need to be patronising

Comment

Thanks, but there's no need to be patronising
        Yes there is, it's obligatory in General. Serious questions should be posted in the Professional forums. Might you, this was a silly question so perhaps it's the correct place.

Comment

Ask your accountant!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Ask your accountant!
            Or your OISC registered Immigration Advisor.

Comment

or be a full-time student, or be in a relationship with a qualified European.

There are a few ways to be legal to work which don't require to be British.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Or your OISC registered Immigration Advisor.
                Is that a euphemism for trafficker?
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Think it through. Is the expense wholly and necessarily required for business?

1) It isn't necessary
                  2) It isn't just for the benefit of the business

Not difficult was it? But if the application of simple logic is beyond you, are you sure you're in the right industry?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You are asking this on the wrong forums. Try here

All the best and HTH.

Comment

Working...
                    X