• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

I've got* none that I know of so anyone with any ideas on what to do in a miserable January....

* this is not true as I've felt meh since Tuesday night so my plan mainly features little / nothing and sleep but you have to put up a front and pretend you feel 100%
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I've got* none that I know of so anyone with any ideas on what to do in a miserable January....

* this is not true as I've felt meh since Tuesday night so my plan mainly features little / nothing and sleep but you have to put up a front and pretend you feel 100%
    TFA

Tonight, not much.
    Tomorrow - Local beer festival
    Sunday - Recovering from Saturday, possible club ride if the hangover permits.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tonight is the same as always - drive home!
      Tomorrow I'm going to to go for my first run after having my toe nail removed tomorrow, see how that goes. And then afterwards, we're going to see American Sniper and go to the MIL's for dinner.
      Sunday I'm off out on a charity motorbike ride out thing, weather permitting.

Comment

The cabinet/stand I ordered for my fish tank has arrived (about time, I ordered it just before xmas) so I'll pick that up and move the tank onto it. Then I can dismantle the sideboard and give it to my brother - his second marriage has collapsed after 6 months so he's kicked out the tenant he had in his old home and moved back into it himself, problem is he had no furniture so I've given him all my old wall units as I fancied a change anyway.

Other than that, just gym and going to try to watch 12 years a slave which I bought on dvd a couple of weeks back.
        • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
        • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

Tonight: Making fish soup and steaming the brisket that I will have smoked on the bbq earlier today to make pastrami, taking pics of said processes for my blog aka plan B
          Tomorrow: Market, pick up some bagels from my fave bagel place to try out the pastrami, check out the end of the jazz festival at my mates cafe
          Sunday: Writing stuff up for the blog, collating the pics and then prepping for the burns night meal and blogging about that as well
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Early finish today, take my daughter swimming this afternoon, curry for tea followed by a few beers.

A couple of little jobs to do tomorrow morning, then going climbing with my daughter in the afternoon, meal out with friends on the night and probably a few beers.

Sunday morning playing rugby, followed by a couple of beers, family get together in the afternoon (there will be beer), relax Sunday night with you guessed it, a few more beers.

"I do not have a prinking droblem"

Comment

tonight - working
              Tomorrow - Shed base and filling more of the pond in!
              Sunday - wiring Node 0

oops TFA
              Last edited by vetran; 23 January 2015, 17:09.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Thanks for asking

Out tonight with wife and friends. I predict it will be messy
                Tomorrow nursing headache, going over holidays with eldest and advising where I think she should go
                Sunday family roast dinner

Comment

Thanks for asking!

Tonight - cocktail party for friend's birthday. Probably get shouted at for a while by Mrs MUN because I, apparently, did the food order wrong (she already phoned up once to shout for a while).

Tomorrow - Mini MUN's friend's birthday party so will be toddler shepherding. In the evening a friend's birthday meal. Trying to persuade Mrs MUN they are more her friends than mine so I don't have to go.

Sunday - Mini MUN's birthday party. It is in a dance studio where they learn a dance routine and then show the parents. She has changed her mind about the song which luckily did not cause an issue but I am still a little tense about it! I have decided, as one of my annual goals, to write a compiler from scratch. Hence Sunday evening I shall be doing some more work on that.
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

TFA!

Tonight: I'm out for a curry

Tomorrow: Quiet night in.

Sun: Pottering about and general bumbling really

Comment

Working...
                    X