• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A cry for help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cry for help

I have reached the end of my tether. Is there no meaning to life ? Can someone here show me the way ? Can anyone suggest a path of enlightenment ? I want to open my eyes, and go on a voyage of self-discovery. I need to find like-minded people, people at a crossroads who are looking for the right path. If only there were some way I could achieve this goal I believe my life would be fulfilled. If only there was a way, what am I to do ? How can I find help ?

Cue Chico.

Comment

I'll be in the Cap and Stocking later if you fancy a snifter - that's where I usually find enlightenment. Avoid the cheeseburgers, though...

Comment

Try my new Omega course. It involves a weekend retreat of debauchery with booze, whores and rock and roll. Send me a blank cheque.

Oh and you get to learn why Hitler was a humanist.

Comment

Join the ******* moonies, you wuss

It's your life, it's up to you.
          You could go and live in a cave in tibet, but I doubt you'll find enlightenment. You could join any one of a number of religious cults, but I doubt you'll find enlightenment. You could eat the gun, but I doubt you'd find enlightenment.
          I do have a revelation for you, if you're interested, and you don't have to pray, don't have to give me your money, don't have to live your life to someone else's specification.
          The real big true secret about finding the meaning to life is that there isn;t one. The right chemical soup, a spark of electricity and vroom, a couple of million years later we've got loonies telling you that god made the world, we've got democracy, we've got aids, we've got.......
          Grow up, it's your life, you're the only one responsible for you.

Comment

> I want to open my eyes, and go on a voyage of self-discovery

In the latest RS Components catalog I received last week there's a wonderful little miniature 2mm camera on the end of a 50 foot wire.

It's intended for checking blocked drains and badger sets and suchlike. But you could swallow it and monitor its progress on your PC and discover yourself as you never have before.

Comment

Wouldn't the stomach acid cause problems? What about lighting?

Comment

Working...
              X