• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Someone at some point has to say no to him.

BBC News - Sir Ranulph Fiennes in Marathon des Sables record bid

I would think the French doctors will tell him that pre race.

Why?

He has also completed seven marathons in seven days on seven continents just four months after recovering from a heart attack and a double heart bypass.
    Now I'm not saying that's the same level as the race itself, but surely a lot of the participants allowed to take part will be less well trained than he is?

And if worst comes to worst, shouldn't he be allowed to risk his life doing this? Or does him dying pose a risk to other runners?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Someone at some point has to say no to him.

BBC News - Sir Ranulph Fiennes in Marathon des Sables record bid

I would think the French doctors will tell him that pre race.
      Can't help think those heart attacks have been bought on by over doing it.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Why?

Now I'm not saying that's the same level as the race itself, but surely a lot of the participants allowed to take part will be less well trained than he is?

And if worst comes to worst, shouldn't he be allowed to risk his life doing this? Or does him dying pose a risk to other runners?
        He is admitting that he runs marathon distance in 6 hours now, I was running 3:10 when I got there and the first day pulverised me. I can't see him making the time limit on the first day for starters.

I think there is limited medical resource in the race and if they think they have to carry and watch him then they might miss something else going on in the race.

The "i'm not going to be the first one to stop" attitude is completely wrong for the race as well, knowing when to slow up when your brain is cooking is your best friend. He will get heatstroke with that thinking.

Comment

He may be barking mad but I cannot help but admire him enormously
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Compared to crossing Antarctica on a sled in mid winter, a piece of cake I would have thought.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I venture there maybe other reasons for his risky behaviour.

Tone

Comment

They seem to have released the route early this year.

Day 4 is promised to be the longest run in the race history. That is currently 92k.

https://www.facebook.com/16547894013...type=1&theater

He is going to kill himself.

Comment

Not going well.

Not made the second check point and is currently on page 25 of 27.

Might already be out.

Comment

He's through now, 5 1/2 hours to do 24k

Comment

Working...
                    X