• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Headshots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headshots

No I don't mean lining up the problematic PM in the crosshairs and going all Black Ops on them, but has anyone else noticed the number of professional looking headshots that are apearing on LinkedIn? Has anyone sought the services of a photographer yourself or have you just hijacked the photo taken at ClientCo?

(EDIT Yes this train of thought was due to someone here's new LinkedIn photo)
    Professional headshot, arranged by me
    15.38%
    Professional headshot, arranged by ClientCo
    0.00%
    Bog standard photo you've found somewhere
    53.85%
    Andyw's mum and the money shot
    30.77%
    Last edited by SimonMac; 26 January 2015, 10:29.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I bloody hate most photos of me, so my LinkedIn photo is a completely unprofessional photo of me running which is one of the few I don't mind. I couldn't really give a tulip what people think of it, to be honest, though I do think having no photo at all is rubbish

Comment

None of the above.....

However my Sister in Law has a photo from when she was on holiday with drink in hand. Which is just unprofessional....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        None of the above.....

However my Sister in Law has a photo from when she was on holiday with drink in hand. Which is just unprofessional....
        Yeah, I see some photos on LinkedIn that look like they were taken by the pool in Eye-Beef-Ah. Fine for Facebook, not for LinkedIn.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          No I don't mean lining up the problematic PM in the crosshairs and going all Black Ops on them, but has anyone else noticed the number of professional looking headshots that are apearing on LinkedIn? Has anyone sought the services of a photographer yourself or have you just hijacked the photo taken at ClientCo?

(EDIT Yes this train of thought was due to someone here's new LinkedIn photo)
          16107 (now I know who you are talking about)...

I take it you are upset that your plan b didn't get offered the work...
          Last edited by eek; 26 January 2015, 11:11.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
            I bloody hate most photos of me, so my LinkedIn photo is a completely unprofessional photo of me running which is one of the few I don't mind. I couldn't really give a tulip what people think of it, to be honest, though I do think having no photo at all is rubbish
            Why?
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Why?
              From my own perspective, I just presume if you haven't got a photo then you're not really engaged with LinkedIn and have probably just signed up and never really looked at it since. I realise that's not always true, but I really do think it looks a bit naff with the LI placeholder.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Why?
                also makes finding that John Smith (or more likely Nitin Patel these days) you worked with that bit more difficult.

Comment

My mate was doing a photography HND at college and asked me to pose for a few pictures in a local pub for him for an assignment. In return he did some headshots for my own use, one of which is on LinkedIn.

I'm not the most photogenic of people but I understand the need to have a professional looking image for business purposes.

Comment

Mine is a photo of me and Mrs MUN after a banquet, I look splendid in my 15c doublet and chain of the Order of the Dragon!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X