• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ba...Ba..Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ba...Ba..Boom!

Just accepted my Boom! from IBM, midst voluntary (and rumoured non-voluntary) redundancies.

Offered 31 Dec - accepted beginning August (24 month rule). Off to Cape Town for 4 weeks holiday on 02 Feb and they are happy for me to work for a week from there, remotely.

Was wondering if I can claim any expenses during my week whilst working there? Travel / Subsistence / Internet+Mobile phone - scratches head
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Surely the Internet access!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      Off to Cape Town for 4 weeks holiday on 02 Feb and they are happy for me to work for a week from there, remotely.
      Well, if they don't boot me out, I'll be in Cape Town again this year, 21-25 Feb, maybe see you for pizza again?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Well, if they don't boot me out, I'll be in Cape Town again this year, 21-25 Feb, maybe see you for pizza again?
        Excellent news! There is also a VMUG in Cape Town end Feb, so will be at that too.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just accepted my Boom! from IBM, midst voluntary (and rumoured non-voluntary) redundancies.
              I wouldn't be in a rush to spend any of THAT money before you receive it
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I wouldn't be in a rush to spend any of THAT money before you receive it
                +1

Better start looking for new contract...

Comment

Funny guys!

My renewal will take me to 5.5 years there, so let's see if I survive the cull? At the end of the day, they have been more than good to me, as a Supplier of Services. If it comes to end, sooner rather than later, as long as I get my Cape Town (holiday + working week), I will be a happy-camper...

Comment

My renewal will take me to 5.5 years there
                    Ah you dirty permie in disguise!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X