• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of the downsides to contracting....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the downsides to contracting....

Was all the travel involved that I hated.

I'm talking about the three / six monthers in Edinburgh, Dublin, London, Paris, Brussels, US, Canada etc.

So I take a permie job local to me, ticks all the boxes and no travel. Not.

I have to make infrequent trips to Germany, US, India and perhaps further afield in Asia as I was told today.

Not a showstopper as it won't be regular but feck it. Is there a downside to contracordum I'm missing ordo you see it as a perk?

Airports, hotels, table for one...
    Me, me, me...

Been lucky I guess, this contractor has managed to keep travel to 2-3 weeks a year for the past 3 years.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Been lucky I guess, this contractor has managed to keep travel to 2-3 weeks a year for the past 3 years.
      I've had one out of clientco to end client trip in 3 years. Clients have been 35 miles, 35 miles and 70 miles away. The 70 miles away one I stayed over (for extra sleep)..

Prior to that permieco had most people out on client site Monday to Friday (roll in Monday morning leave early afternoon Friday no leaving Thursday).. I avoided that by ensuring I was always working on two different clients so had to sit in the main local office..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Airports, hotels, table for one...
        Do what Tiger Woods did.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Do what Tiger Woods did.
          Wild Beavers?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
            Wild Beavers?

Tiger Woods 11th mistress Julie Postle: 'He texted other women while in bed with me' | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Working...
            X