• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investments

There are lots of posts regarding making your warchest work for you.

I just found this so thought I would post in case it's of any interest to anyone. I'm not promoting this.

Aegis Power: Alternative Investment in Wind Power

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    There are lots of posts regarding making your warchest work for you.

I just found this so thought I would post in case it's of any interest to anyone. I'm not promoting this.

Aegis Power: Alternative Investment in Wind Power
    With a minimum lock in of three years that kinda defeats the object of having a warchest to cover lulls in gigs?

I know I would rather keep a fixed amount (months of expenses rahter than cash amount) in my warchest, pull of as much in dividends as I can and then use that if I want to invest. I would rather the warchest sit there doing nothing, knowing I have 18 months worth of money when I need it, than risk it for 6%
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You don't get 10% risk free

http://http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/german-offshore-wind-industry-goes-from-boom-to-bust-a-914158.html

Wind power is a risky business indeed.

The highest returns long term are on the stock market, but you need a balanced portfolio.

You might want to look at some investment funds.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 29 January 2015, 23:14.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I agree with Simon.

My definition of a "Warchest" is a number of months of cash to cover living expenses and not something to be invested. The number of months cover varies according to your appetite for risk and the amount per required per month obviously varies according to personal circumstances.

As a 40-something male with a young family I have a low tolerance to risk and significant monthly expenses! Mine would cover me for 12 months. If I were 28 again it would be substantially less.

The "warchest" is completely separate in my financial planning and I don't include it in my investment portfolio.

Comment

Working...
        X