• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index - Jan 2015

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide House Price Index - Jan 2015

Key Points:

Annual house price growth slowed to 6.8% in January from 7.2% in December

Annual house price growth slowed for the fifth month in a row

UK house prices rose by 0.3% in January

Full report:

http://i.emlfiles8.com/cmpdoc/1/1/2/7/files/267059_house_price_index_jan_2015.pdf?utm_source=N FI&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5290746_January+H PI&utm_content=$LINK_KEYWORD$&dm_i=5KB,35ED6,531C5 M,BABE1,1

That real estate crash I've been telling about for the last 10 years is becoming more and more imminent by the day...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      That real estate crash I've been telling about for the last 10 years is becoming more and more imminent by the day...
      Yes we must be nearly half way to it now....

Comment

House price growth is moving as expected. 2016 to 2020 is predicted to be on average 4% price appreciation each year, i.e. 20% over those 5 years. Pick your areas with a little know-how and you will do better than that.

Interest rates are not going up any time soon: recent BoE minutes show a complete bias to keeping rates on hold, and inflation numbers point more towards a drop in rates rather than a rise.

So, as a leveraged investment, I would be quite happy putting my money in real estate for now, especially given the rising rental yields.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          House price growth is moving as expected. 2016 to 2020 is predicted to be on average 4% price appreciation each year, i.e. 20% over those 5 years. Pick your areas with a little know-how and you will do better than that.

Interest rates are not going up any time soon: recent BoE minutes show a complete bias to keeping rates on hold, and inflation numbers point more towards a drop in rates rather than a rise.

So, as a leveraged investment, I would be quite happy putting my money in real estate for now, especially given the rising rental yields.
          Indeed, you might lose tens of thousands but the banks would lose billions if not trillions. The govt will back all the debt with funny money and tax payers pensions rather than upset the banking elite.

The only danger is a Labour government.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Indeed, you might lose tens of thousands but the banks would lose billions if not trillions. The govt will back all the debt with funny money and tax payers pensions rather than upset the banking elite.

The only danger is a Labour government.....
            LOL Labour, what a bunch of complete arses. UKIP stand a better chance of winning than Labour do, though no one appears to know what their economic plans are!

Comment

Working...
            X