• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm angry!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm angry!

You should all be beheaded! Dunno why, though ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

You might be angry, but no need to lose head about it...

Comment

Now you've gone and done it! Are you disrespecting my belief that you should all be beheaded? Eh? Eh?

It says so in my church, the cult of The Flying Spaghetti Monster. As our prophet, Homer, said all those years ago in our Holy Book, "Dunno" 9:16 "Behead them dude. Dunno why."

Wise words indeed.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

hijack

Sorry to hijack the thread. Haven't been here for a while.

AtW,

So AtW how's the SKA going ? Must have been 6 months since the last update. How did your sister's business with the dress making PDF patterns go ?
        Quoting Dragons' Den, I still think it's a no brainer

Surprised Milan isn't working today !!!
        I'm just doing research for one of my pet projects and just passing through.

Have you seen the latest get rich craze of buying property abroad and reselling in 6 months ? I tell you, when they start making day time programs and such ("Pay off your mortgage in 1 year"), you know it's too late to jump on the band wagon.

Reminds me of those programs about trading shares in 2000/1 and how people were making 50k a week trading on a bull market (with the usual idiots who had no clue and went broke when the dot con bubble broke - "I quit my job to trade full time" ... ).

Comment

SKA is doing fine, finishing short contract in a few weeks that generated plenty of cash to buy new hardware to expand it, plus I think I have deduced at least one of the Google's secrets of very fast searching, with relevance thrown in

sister's PDFs did not do well

Working tomorrow, but the pay is good - if it was not for SKA maybe I would have become proper IT contractor, in which case I'd whine about IR35 and other things!

Comment

what did I say

Yeah, bit of what I expected. If Brother (the makers of sewing machines) couldn't make it work, I didn't see how anybody could. I think they through in a free pattern with each machine. Big market in Philipines, etc. where they make their clothes but don't have net access ...

Good to see SKA doing well.

You're missing out if you don't take contracting full time. It's the choice of choosing when you want to work (in between our pet projects) that is so appealing. Most people think of the money but that's not so good these days ...

Take care and I'll pop back every now and again

Comment

I would not work as a contractor full time - very stressful, even though money are good, but this is almost no different from being a permie: I only do it to get some quick cash as SKA needs to raise its level, for which I need better hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                plus I think I have deduced at least one of the Google's secrets of very fast searching, with relevance thrown in
                Oh, pray tell

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X