• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swings and roundabouts.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swings and roundabouts.

Finished with Client A today. Cock up with their procurement meant they ran out of money a month early.

Phone call to Client B followed by coffee and a chat moves them up to Client A status billing full days rather than half time.

Meeting this afternoon with Client C to discuss new work they have in the pipeline that ties in with new Client A, that client A are aware of and are happy for me to take on as it will make their life easier in the long run.

Net effect will hopefully be the same number of days billed but from two clients instead of three.

Worst case scenario, I only bill 40 days between now and year end rather than 60-65.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Worst case scenario, I only bill 40 days between now and year end rather than 60-65.
    When's your year end?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      When's your year end?
      Financial year end, so April. Both are saying they have more work to come but until budgets are agreed nothing is confirmed.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Financial year end, so April. Both are saying they have more work to come but until budgets are agreed nothing is confirmed.
        Reasonable business position, carry on filling your boots

Comment

Working...
        X