• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance Question

A friend of mine has been offered a dream job with an amazing company. They are required to pass a Security Clearance and I am a little worried, as 2 years ago we were both given a 'fixed penalty notice' for affray. We were not charged or cautioned, just the penalty notice. As it was my fault we were involved in the altercation I am worried they may not be granted the security check. They have declared everything but will this result in refusal?

You are aware there is an SC clearance sticky with many examples of peoples misdemeanours all with the same answer (maybe not in extreme examples but this isn't one of them). You'll get the gist of what your answer is after a couple of pages.....

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...questions.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

just don't lie on your form. Thats the worst you can do!

It would have been recorded, so would show up - but as it was a FNP then I don't think it will be a criminal conviction

Comment

Indeed, past offences can be fine, I've worked with a few with some colourful criminal histories, but the critical thing is to make sure it's declared on the form.

Ignore NLUK, it would have been faster for him to set your mind at rest, but he prefers to preach about reading other threads.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Indeed, past offences can be fine, I've worked with a few with some colourful criminal histories, but the critical thing is to make sure it's declared on the form.

Ignore NLUK, it would have been faster for him to set your mind at rest, but he prefers to preach about reading other threads.
          LOL Ignore TykeMerc unless you want to take a generic statement with no evidence as said when it comes to your friends future.

I'm not here to put his mind at rest with a nice woolly internet cuddle. If he's got half a hole in his arse some eejit saying 'It's fine' won't be the advice he's looking for. The thread I pointed him at has rafts of questions all with the same answers, often qualified with some reasoning etc. If the OP wants to ignore that and take your word for it then he's a moron.

jmo21 liked this post
          And you're a cross eyed big nosed wazzock as well!!!

Comment

That's why I use the word CAN you dimwit.

The reality is that there's only the one authority on any persons clearance application and that's the officer doing it and weighing the risk profile.
            The posts and opinions on various threads come from people's experiences and those could be totally invalid, clearance is done on a case by case basis.

I know you obsess about racking up thousands of posts with exactly the same "read the stickies/guides/pages" responses, but if you thought about it for a millisecond all that does is make you look like a condescending tit.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              That's why I use the word CAN you dimwit.

The reality is that there's only the one authority on any persons clearance application and that's the officer doing it and weighing the risk profile.
              The posts and opinions on various threads come from people's experiences and those could be totally invalid, clearance is done on a case by case basis.

I know you obsess about racking up thousands of posts with exactly the same "read the stickies/guides/pages" responses, but if you thought about it for a millisecond all that does is make you look like a condescending tit.
              Not really. OP comes on, asks a question, you give him a one liner and he goes away until his next question. Point him in the direction of a resource that has many answers to questions he hasn't thought of, as well as showing him how to search for other questions he will be much better off. You can teach a man to fish yadda yadda yadda...

The only people that think I am a condescending tit are you guys that have seen it a million times and it gets boring but the posts aren't aimed at you anyway. And anyway, pointing someone at resources isn't being condescending. I save that for the posters where even resources aren't gonna help them.

There is also the issue about whether I care what it makes me look like....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And you're a cross eyed big nosed wazzock as well!!!
                and you have too much time on your hands!

Comment

Own up to everything. SC or other. They will look in detail.

Comment

Working...
                  X