• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very Strange Mini Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Strange Mini Boom

I've 'worked' as a semi pro musician (guitar/midi programming) for around 25 years on and off and regularly play pub gigs on my own and in a band but have never 'created' anything other than doing some commercial music programming of backing tracks (covers) for singers.

Have been rebuilding/upgrading my own little home studio for a few months and sort of came up to date a bit with a lot of virtual synth tulip that I'd never used before.

Anyway, long story short, I've sold a short 2min 30 sec techno/EDM track to some Lithuanian film maker character on an excusive buy out deal (Cliphead, have I f***ed up here ??) and got paid yesterday, the princely sum of 2250 euros.

It was a piece of throwaway messing about that I did when I was learning some new software so more than chuffed at the outcome and I can tick 'create and sell some music' off the list.
    Last edited by TestMangler; 31 January 2015, 13:49.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I've 'worked' as a semi pro musician (guitar/midi programming) for around 25 years on and off and regularly play pub gigs on my own and in a band but have never 'created' anything other than doing some commercial music programming of backing tracks (covers) for singers.

Have been rebuilding/upgrading my own little home studio for a few months and sort of came up to date a bit with a lot of virtual synth tulip that I'd never used before.

Anyway, long story short, I've sold a short 2min 30 sec techno/EDM track to some Lithuanian film maker character on an excusive buy out deal (Cliphead, have I f***ed up here ??) and got paid yesterday, the princely sum of 2250 euros.

It was a piece of throwaway messing about that I did when I was learning some new software so more than chuffed at the outcome and I can tick 'create and sell some music' off the list.
    Nice one!

Comment

Good stuff. I have been trying to master the guitar for about 45 years. Will get there some day.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

How did you 'get it out there'? Soundcloud type thing?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Good stuff. I have been trying to master the guitar for about 45 years. Will get there some day.
          No one ever masters it. Least of all me

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            How did you 'get it out there'? Soundcloud type thing?
            It was on Soundcloud and Looperman. The initial contact came from the Soundcloud clip.

TBH I thought it was all an elaborate gag by someone until the paperwork and the money turned up.

In fact, it is still possible that it may turn up on a Lithuanian music production instructional DVD along with words like, "if you are starting in music production, do not ever produce anything like this" but at this point they can advertise anal lube for pensioners with it and I wouldn't care :-)
            Last edited by TestMangler; 31 January 2015, 15:05.

Comment

Watch out Paul McCartney. Here comes TestMangler with a 30 second clip only a Lithuanian will buy.

Comment

It was on Soundcloud and Looperman. The initial contact came from the Soundcloud clip.

TBH I thought it was all an elaborate gag by someone until the paperwork and the money turned up.

In fact, it is still possible that it may turn up on a Lithuanian music production instructional DVD along with words like, "if you are starting in music production, do not ever produce anything like this" but at this point they can advertise anal lube for pensioners with it and I wouldn't care :-)
                Some musicians claim they want fame, fortune and recognition. But when it really comes down to it, what they really want the most, is to be paid.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No one ever masters it. Least of all me
                  Expect they get beyond a very crappy 12 bar blues.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Rock on!

Comment

Working...
                    X