• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Tea-cosy Pete.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Tea-cosy Pete.....

Sad day...

BBC News - Swansea's tribute to homeless man Tea Cosy Pete

Never spoke to him myself, but I understand he was as honest as the day is long.

He found a wallet with about £10k in it & took it back to the owner & IIRC wouldn't take anything for finding it.

RIP Pete, there's not many like you.

P.S. I remember watching some film or other in the Castle cinema donkey's years ago, and all through the film kept getting whiffs of an odd pong. (Odder than the normal pong in the Castle).

It was Pete, sitting about 10 or 12 rows in front and about 10 or 12 seats to the left of me.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Swansea's fond farewell to much-loved homeless man Tea Cosy Pete - Wales Online
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 June 2017, 07:35.

Comment

I met him, cos I'd heard of him, saw him (in Castle Gardens) and did the usual do you know who you are thing. Didn't give him any money tho!

Not sure the Tea cosy was an actual tea cosy tho - I was looking for the spout hole and didn't see one. Must have been just a hat.

Every Town/City has it's local legends, in my hometown of Bolton it's Spazzy Darren (Downs Syndrome) and 'Kenny' (old-style paedo, not like now), he'd walk everywhere in his slippers.

Locally in Daubhill (pron. Dobble) we had Chippy Heyes (pron. Eyz, really!), Steptoe type, black as the ace of spades, that's not racist cos he was white British, just didn't wash, house full of scrap iron, 7 kids in a two bed terrace, saw him tw@t the local window cleaner for staring in at his daughter through the window, as a kid of about 8 it was fascinating to see this unconscious supine bloke surrounded by sponge, bucket and ladder with a bloody face - we thought he was dead. Unfortunately he was only knocked out, thereby spoiling the legend as my first dead person.

Chippy was a hard nutter, no one messed with him accept my mum who took him on over some incident, I can see him now, hands behind back, taking my mums bollocking with great deference, much like us kids....

RIP My Mum, who took on Chippy Heyes and won c 1968!

Comment

Working...
      X