• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These people ARE Insane

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These people ARE Insane

There was (is) a lady living in the North East who has had a really tough time. Her husband was extremely violent, especially when drunk, and inflicted severe beatings, including knocking out several of her teeth.

She eventually got up the courage to leave him and started the long road to recovery.

After a couple of years she met a new man and they got along fine, she began to get over the past and found a little peace and happiness. One day they got interested in a local church and decided to join the congregation. They became good Methodists. The Methodist church lays a lot of store in their Deacons, or untrained (inexperienced) people who are 'called'.

Anyway, a couple of these deacons started to tell the couple that a relationship outside marriage is wrong and that God will only recognise the first marriage. Divorce is also wrong. The only 'Godly' solution was to go back to her husband, who she now hasnt seen or heard from for six years. Her new man was horrified but accepted that if that is Gods will then amen.

She tracked her ex husband down, begged his forgiveness and moved back in with him. He now beats her on a regular basis and refuses to let her go to church.

This was the situation a year ago, not sure whats happening now.

They are all ******* insane.

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

But at least she will go to heaven!

Comment

For better or for worse
      In sickness and in health
      'till death do us part

which part do you not understand?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        For better or for worse
        In sickness and in health
        'till death do us part

which part do you not understand?
        Brilliant. Another applicant to the Village Idiot club.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Marriage should be replaced with a contract, extended every year. Things like violence and affairs break it. I can see the agents now "I've got a nice wife for you.."

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            Brilliant. Another applicant to the Village Idiot club.
            It depends how seriously you take your promise. If you are not prepared to stand by your word - fine just don't make the pledge.

Or perhaps you need a modern version

"We'll stay together only while things are good, or as long I can be arsed
            Fidelity is optional and dependant on you keeping your looks (even after having children)
            If for any reason I get bored, then all bets are off & I'm free to go on my way"
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Can you provide a source to this guff?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                It depends how seriously you take your promise. If you are not prepared to stand by your word - fine just don't make the pledge.

Or perhaps you need a modern version

"We'll stay together only while things are good, or as long I can be arsed
                Fidelity is optional and dependant on you keeping your looks (even after having children)
                If for any reason I get bored, then all bets are off & I'm free to go on my way"
                Are you advocating that battered spouses should stick to their partners because of their vows?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Divorce is against God's will. The women who gets beaten up in this life will live forever in heave with 72 male virgins.

Chico.

Comment

Poor thing. You mean she has to put up with 72 fumbling middle aged computer geeks who have learnt about the birds and the bees from Test Please Delete ...
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                    X