• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Printing custom sized photographs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing custom sized photographs

Hoping someone can point me to something useful (yes I know this is General but it's getting that bad)

We have a huge pile of holiday photo's in digital format. We also have a big stack of picture frames of various sizes. We have been trawling through the pictures and printing the best ones onto decent photo quality paper which is great, but can't go above A4 size. This is fine for the smaller frames as we can resize them as needed.

There are loads of online printing services but none of them seem to print custom sizes, they all have a set range of sizes they will print, none of which seem to match the common frame sizes available that we have already bought.

Does anyone know a photo printing service that will genuinely print custom pictures to a size you specify rather than having to use their sizes and buy frames from them.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

I have a cunning plan

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Hoping someone can point me to something useful (yes I know this is General but it's getting that bad)

We have a huge pile of holiday photo's in digital format. We also have a big stack of picture frames of various sizes. We have been trawling through the pictures and printing the best ones onto decent photo quality paper which is great, but can't go above A4 size. This is fine for the smaller frames as we can resize them as needed.

There are loads of online printing services but none of them seem to print custom sizes, they all have a set range of sizes they will print, none of which seem to match the common frame sizes available that we have already bought.

Does anyone know a photo printing service that will genuinely print custom pictures to a size you specify rather than having to use their sizes and buy frames from them.
      Go bigger than you need and trim it down? Most frames also allow for a bit of extra that is usually hidden away, put a white boarder around the picture which you can trim off?
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The problem with sizing the print to a specific non standard frame size is that you often squash the horizontal or verticals giving distortion. The only way I am afraid is to do as others have said and cut to size.

You can do this on the PC of course using any of the free stuff from MS and cropping or using PS or GIMP (Free PS) to do the same. Then you should be able to find an online printer to produce them for you. They will still have to guillotine the prints to your size though.

You might have a word with these people, they may be able to do what you need. I have used them before for some wedding enlargements and they are excellent. Frame and picture quality is really good. Prices not too bad either.
        Last edited by tractor; 1 February 2015, 18:36.

Comment

Working...
        X