• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money grubbing insurance companies.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money grubbing insurance companies.

So if you thought that harder springs, wider tyres, or a bigger engine count as modifications, you'd be right.

How about stickers on the side of the car & an extra socket in the boot?

BBC News - Insurance row over vicar's Jesus Christ car stickers

Any excuse to avoid paying out.

Scum that they are.

The company first objected to the stickers when she tried to claim on her policy after a part was stolen from the car and photographs were submitted as part of the claim.
    They're hardly stickers - I've seen builders vans with smaller signs on them.

You could very well argue it was something that was going to draw attention to the vehicle and that it was possible some people may take exception to them and therefore that the insurance risk was higher.

She was given 10 days to explain why she had not told them about the stickers, and an additional cigarette lighter point in the boot, when she took the policy out.
    An additional cigarette lighter point? FFS, you may have a point there Ziety

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      They're hardly stickers - I've seen builders vans with smaller signs on them.

You could very well argue it was something that was going to draw attention to the vehicle and that it was possible some people may take exception to them and therefore that the insurance risk was higher.

An additional cigarette lighter point? FFS, you may have a point there Ziety
      The cigarette lighter in the boot is a strange one. On that zafira model Vauxhall seemed to randomly add or remove them depending on the day of the week and if its missing it was a 30 second job to add one and made it look better.

But I love the comment about the company being anti-religion. Nope you just want something to pin the blame on that isn't your ism

*Note my wife has an irrational like of Zafira's which is why after owning both previous models we now own the latest version...
      Last edited by eek; 2 February 2015, 08:57.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The cigarette lighter in the boot is a strange one. On that zafira model Vauxhall seemed to randomly add or remove them depending on the day of the week and if its missing it was a 30 second job to add one and made it look better.

Note my wife has an irrational like of Zafira's which is why after owning both previous models we now own the latest version...
        You sound as enthused about that as I would be. I have a hatred of the Zafira. Every time I see one, I see it being driven by a twunt. Whenever I see one pull out I'm on my guard because almost inevitably it will perform some utterly random manoeuvre in front of me

I hadn't noticed the vicar had a Zafira. She deserves everything she gets on that basis alone.

Comment

I had a Zafira as a hire car once.

Main problem was it was a Zafira Turbo as it stated in large letters on the boot.

Dunno where they put the Turbo but it did not seem to be connected to the engine in any way!

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            You sound as enthused about that as I would be. I have a hatred of the Zafira. Every time I see one, I see it being driven by a twunt. Whenever I see one pull out I'm on my guard because almost inevitably it will perform some utterly random manoeuvre in front of me

I hadn't noticed the vicar had a Zafira. She deserves everything she gets on that basis alone.
            The latest model is not that horrendous a car now. This time around we are using it as a mini van for the chocolates so at least its got a decent purpose rather than just transporting hundreds of children around...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Got stuck behind a slow Zafira this morning. Bloody Christians driving everywhere at 35mph.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
              X