• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There IS such a thing as a free meal.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There IS such a thing as a free meal.

I bought a restaurant voucher for a friend of mine and his wife as a Christmas present.

When I booked, the guy said he didn't know how to take payment on the phone, but he would email the voucher to me, so I could post it on and he would call me back to take payment.

I got the voucher and sent it, but he never called. So I called back myself and left a message with a member of staff to call me back for payment. Still no call.

I've called them 4 times and still no-one has called me to take payment.

Then, on Saturday night, my pal sends me a photo of himself and his wife enjoying a lovely meal for two. Yipes!

It all passed without incident and they used the voucher no problem.

I've since called again and STILL they haven't taken payment details.

How many times do you try and pay for something before giving up?

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I bought a restaurant voucher for a friend of mine and his wife as a Christmas present.

When I booked, the guy said he didn't know how to take payment on the phone, but he would email the voucher to me, so I could post it on and he would call me back to take payment.

I got the voucher and sent it, but he never called. So I called back myself and left a message with a member of staff to call me back for payment. Still no call.

Then, on Saturday night, my pal sends me a photo of himself and his wife enjoying a lovely meal for two. Yipes!

Once.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post

None
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
      X