• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked, the PC who joined lovers in their car park tryst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By LUKE SALKELD Last updated at 23:33pm on 14th September 2006

A married policeman has been sacked after he joined a couple for sex while he was on duty, it was revealed.

Father-of-two Darren Lumber was on night patrol when he spotted two lovers engaged in an intimate activity in a car.

But when he approached the vehicle in police uniform, he chose not to ask them to move to somewhere less public.

Instead, he asked if he could join in. The trio then moved to a quieter spot where they took part in group sex.

Halfway through the encounter, PC Lumber received a police radio call but told colleagues: "I'm busy at the moment. I'll get back to you in 20 minutes."

After the sex was over, Lumber asked the couple to stay in touch for a repeat performance, but told them not to tell anyone what had happened or he would get into trouble.

But he was suspended after he boasted about the encounter to a colleague, who reported him. PC Lumber, 35, was sacked from the Avon and Somerset force on the grounds of misconduct while on duty following a full disciplinary hearing this week.

The hearing was told that he spotted a woman and her Royal Marine partner, Tom Sharpe, 25, as he patrolled the National Trust's Sand Point car park on the outskirts of Weston- super-Mare, Somerset, in his marked car at 9pm on December 30 last year.

The area is well known as a place for 'dogging' - the practice of having sex with strangers in public places.

The officer pulled up alongside the Marine's Ford Sierra and knocked on the window before suggesting they follow him to a more discrete spot nearby. He told them: "I'm not here to move you on, I'm here if you need me."

They drove to a more secluded place and engaged in a threesome, after which PC Lumber gave the couple his mobile phone number before he continued on his patrol.

The woman, a mother of six in her thirties who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: "I'd never seen the policeman before and haven't met him since.

"At the car park Darren Lumber climbed into the driver's side, Tom was on the passenger's side and I was in the middle of them both. He expected Tom to have sex with me while he was sat in the driver's seat. After we finished having sex, he told us not to tell anyone because he would get into a lot of trouble."

Mr Sharpe, who is based at Chivenor Logistics Regiment in Devon and will fly to Afghanistan this week on a seventh-month tour, described how the encounter unfolded: 'Our windows were all steamed up and the PC got out of the car and came over.

"We were fully dressed and I thought it was a bit unfair that he was about to question us.

"He said, 'Guys, how's it going? What are you doing here?' and I said we were just sitting there talking. Lumber started smiling and said there were better places to go if we wanted to be somewhere private."

He added: "Darren gave us both his mobile phone number after we finished. It was a very strange experience. We couldn't really believe it happened - especially with a policeman."

The force's Assistant Chief Constable Steve Mortimore described the officer's actions as 'disgraceful'. He added: "He breached the force's code of conduct and its values and, more importantly, breached the public's confidence and trust in him.

"The robust action taken by this force shows that we will not tolerate-this sort of behaviour. He was immediately suspended from duty. He was dismissed from duty on September 12 following a full disciplinary hearing."

PC Lumber said: "I have strongly denied these allegations from the start and have the full support of my family and close friends. I can't comment further on this allegation as I'm in the process of an appeal."

PC Lumber's wife, Emma, 32, who was pregnant with the couple's second child at the time of the incident, is said to be standing by her husband.

------------------------

Was she standing by him while he engaged in a threesome, or did she join in....?
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

pc lumber

What you read in the papers is wrong....he has just be transferred to the Police Dog(ging) section.

Taking down their particulars went a little too far me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

mercamg,

Congratulations on your first post.

You will do well here.

Comment

pc lumber

Many thanks for warm welcome ThunderLizard.

Whole new meaning for the saying 'Boys in Blue'.

Poor Bloke, silly silly silly doing it in his Uniform though, and in a tit car too!!!!
          I mean I know theres all these rules for flashing your lights etc etc but really who goes and flashes a big blue one......someone who is just a show off and wants to get noticed!!!!!

I don't blame New Labour I blame German Shepards, Springer Spaniels and Rottweilers, they are obviously leading Officers astray!!
          Last edited by mercamg; 19 September 2006, 17:58.

Comment

I am sure he took his hat off - AFAIK this meant he was not on duty.

Comment

pc lobon

Well no need for third hat she was already being done by two purple helmets wasn't she.... plus i am always being told that my Husbands Policemans Helmet is always on duty!!
              Last edited by mercamg; 19 September 2006, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
              X