• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whats a sick day?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats a sick day?

Sat here, streaming cold, can barely concentrate due to the coughing/sneezing . Gotta muddle on through, been contracting 2 1/2 years now, never been unavailable because of illness, there is no such thing for contractors. I just keep thinking of the extra day I can invoice for at the end of the month, and that keeps me going!!!

Sorry, no point or question in this post, just felt saying it, or winging.

Yes, I have checked my contract and my accountant does say its ok to do (!)

Pussy, why didn't you work through the pain? :P

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
      Sat here, streaming cold, can barely concentrate
      The deal is you're supposed to work for the money. Just turning up and sitting about makes you sound like a permie
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bugger, they are onto me

Comment

Having a cold weakens your immune system for the duration. Working through a cold weakens it even further.

The cold itself is no real harm, but if you work somewhere metropolitan (like London) with plenty of other nasty illnesses lurking around waiting for a weak host to target, working with a cold is a really stupid idea. You are better off resting to clear the illness faster.

You are a contractor (hopefully with a war chest) - man up and put yourself first. Working with a cold doesn't make you tough, it just shows how submissive you are.

Comment

Have you read A Christmas Carol? Might learn a few things mate, it's not all about $$.

Comment

I'm sure I've said it on here before, but when I need a sick day, I take it - any excuse for a day off, because frankly, I earn enough :-)

doesn't stop me telling permies about how I don't get paid when I'm off when they moan about the money contractors earn of course.

Comment

Sat here, streaming cold, can barely concentrate due to the coughing/sneezing . Gotta muddle on through, been contracting 2 1/2 years now, never been unavailable because of illness, there is no such thing for contractors. I just keep thinking of the extra day I can invoice for at the end of the month, and that keeps me going!!!

Well done - Keep at it!

Every permie you can infect, and make take a week or two off, means more absenteeism and more work for us contractors
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No peanut butter jelly time for you then!

It's a strange phrase that you use in the boomed threads, isn't it? So strange in fact that the only other person to have ever used it on here is MF.

What are the odds on that? I am in no way suggestion that you're one of his creations, really I'm not. No, seriously, I'm not.

Comment

Never forget the day a contractor dropped down unconscious one Monday morning in the office, we thought he was a goner - rushed off in ambulance full blues and twos - back at his desk at 3pm and worked till 10pm to make up his time

Or the time at RBS in Amsterdam, a contractor snuffed it during the night, on hearing the sad news next day the program director called us into the office and 'hand on heart he said'

I've got some terrible news, 'bob' stuffed it last night, we need a replacement fast, but might be difficult with no hand over. 'Tarbie' can you pop round to his hotel and get his laptop back we can use it this afternoon !!

Has someone told his wife I asked,

boss - hope so I texted the agency last night he was dead

Comment

Working...
                    X