• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cocktail ideas please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail ideas please?

Coming at this from the wrong direction, but I have some lemon sherbet and I want to use it on the rim of a cocktail glass, like salt on a margarita.

What - other than a margarita - would work? Simple is fine, doesn't need to be clever.

Ta.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Coming at this from the wrong direction, but I have some lemon sherbet and I want to use it on the rim of a cocktail glass, like salt on a margarita.

What - other than a margarita - would work? Simple is fine, doesn't need to be clever.

Ta.
    Pre-Prep
    a) Get the glass of choice
    (The actual glass isn't that important but should be a nice glass that you like)
    b) Cool in freezer for several hours
    (This preparation can be done anytime and you could put glasses in the freezer days in advance and/or keep some ready permanently)

Prep
    a) Remove requisite number of glasses from freezer
    (This recipe works for any number)
    b) Pour smallish pile of lemon sherbet on to a saucer/small plate
    c) Holding plate/saucer firmly and keeping it reasonably flat - agitate fairly rapidly to spread evenly over base of plate/saucer and place on a stable work surface
    d) Prepare a second similar plate/saucer with a small amount of water, or indeed any liquid of your choice (vodka or gin will work well). Place this on stable work surface next to first plate.
    e) Holding each glass firmly by the base using a tissue or cloth dip the rim carefully into
    i) The liquid
    ii) The sherbet
    Ensuring a light coating of sherbet on each glass rim

Cocktail
    a) Fill the individual glasses with something you like to drink, tbh anything will do ranging from beer, wiskey, gin, brandy. No really fill it up with anything.
    b) Drink it.

Alternative recipe
    Just fill up your glass with something you want to drink without poncing about with f****g namby pamby f****g tulipy sherbet FFS what is the world coming to!!!

Comment

Breakfast Martini

2 measures gin
      1 measure Triple Sec or Cointreau
      Juice of 1 lemon or lime.
      1 teaspoon marmalade.

Shake all the ingredients over ice and pour through a fine sieve.

Works best with a good gin (Hendricks or Edinburgh) and a good light marmalade.

Dammit, thirsty now.

My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        Breakfast Martini

2 measures gin
        1 teaspoon marmalade.

Dammit, thirsty now.

You disgusting b*stard!! MARMALADE WTF are you thinking!!!!

Comment

I'm about to indulge in a cocktail after I've had my baby ribs.

I'll let you know later..,
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Wet the rim of the glass first and put the sherbert around it (unless you have a proper glass rimmer, yes, they do exist)
            2 measures Vodka
            2 measures Gin
            1 measure Pernod
            1 measure Creme de Menthe
            1 measure Absinthe
            Shot of Tabasco
            Sprinkle sherbert over the top

Watch your guests face as foamy purple green tulip comes out of their nose
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

whiskey sour
              mojito
              tequilla sunrise

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                Breakfast Martini

2 measures gin
                1 teaspoon marmalade.

Dammit, thirsty now.

Sounds nice (I can imagine the marmalade working) but a whole lemon per cocktail? Sounds a lot.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm not a fan of alcoholic cocktails myself.

My favourite non-alcoholic cocktail on a hot day would be a cucumber cooler.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

9 posts without any mention of rimming? I dunno what this place is coming to. Has TestMangler got himself a contract or summat?

Comment

Working...
                    X