• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Cherie Blair in boy 'slap' probe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear: Cherie Blair in boy 'slap' probe

Cherie Blair in boy 'slap' probe

Cherie Blair was in Scotland when the alleged incident took place

Cherie Blair has been investigated by police over claims that she motioned to slap a 17-year-old boy.

Strathclyde Police took statements from witnesses to the alleged incident, which occurred at a national school sports event in Glasgow last Saturday.

Mrs Blair was reported to have made a playful gesture to a boy who made a "rabbit ears" gesture behind her head.

Police said "it had been established no incident had taken place" and that the inquiry into the matter was now closed.

Six detectives were sent to investigate after officials from the Child Protection in Sport Unit complained to police.

"The Strathclyde police undertook an investigation, including taking statements from a number of people who were present," Downing Street said in a statement.

"These included the 17-year-old boy involved and Mrs Blair's protection officer, who was with her at all times, who said that nothing had occurred between Mrs Blair and the youngster.

"We understand that no further action is planned."

The boy was named by the Mail On Sunday as Miles Gandolfi, of the England under-17 epee (AtW: what's that?) fencing team.

Miles's mother Catherine told the paper that what had happened between Mrs Blair and her son was a light-hearted exchange.

She said: "I have absolutely no idea why it all blew up. It just seems totally bizarre.

"We couldn't believe it when the police got involved. I don't know who complained."

Why not use your search engine? Correct word is Épée

HTH
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

What a lot of bollocks.

Comment

Normally I'd deplore this as 'political correctness gone mad'.

But since it's happened to one of the people most responsible for making political correctness go mad in the first place, I'm not bothered.

How long have we had a "Child Protection in Sport Unit" anyway?

Comment

Reap what you sow bitch !

According to informed sources, police intervened after an 'anonymous' tip-off (Gordon ?)

Comment

I believe the phrase "hoisted by one's own petard" was invented for just such a situation.

Expect some heavy-duty legistlation against making 'rabbit ears' to appear soon.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
              I believe the phrase "hoisted by one's own petard" was invented for just such a situation.

Expect some heavy-duty legistlation against making 'rabbit ears' to appear soon.
              Inciting Rabbit Hatred !

Comment

They sent six detectives?! I suppose she was lucky she wasn't shot.

Comment

Why rabbit ears? Does the Blair witch have rabbit like ears? Had it been letter box gob or frog taking a particularly painful sh1t then I could have understood it.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

or OMG you;re nealry as ugly as that Foreign Secretary

Comment

Working...
                    X