• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 contract review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 contract review?

Do you always get a contract IR35 assessed for every new project? Or take the risk?

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by tl97 View Post
    Do you always get a contract IR35 assessed for every new project? Or take the risk?

Any thoughts?
    Get it reviewed. JFDI.

Comment

Any thoughts?
      For the minimal costs of a review compared to the contract value I do get an assessment done. Both of the well known reviewers on here (Qdos and B&C) charge a fee that's reasonable.

Money well spent as they usually identify a few gotcha's to get fixed.

Comment

Do you always get a contract IR35 assessed for every new project?
        Yes.

I don't for every extension, but do for every new contract.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Almost always, yes.

I say almost, because I'll occasionally get a short-term, fixed-price, contract (extremely low risk, providing you know the basics of what to look for) or use my own contract template.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Yes.

I cannot remember which one but some will negotiate the rubbish clauses out for you. This is much better done at arm's length because the agent cannot bully, blackmail or give you false and misleading legal 'advice' which they will do in an attempt to coerce you into signing something that is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Yes.

This. But I do check the extension to see if they have added or changed anything.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Any thoughts?
                What!? If you take Bauer & Cottrell's Contractor Guardian, you get all contracts including renewals for 1 year reviewed. All for around £250 plus VAT I think.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Anyone ever not had a contract review and then regretted it (for good reason)?

Similarly, anyone had a professional contract review and then found the comments to be so obvious you could have done a better job yourself?
                  Last edited by Project Monkey; 6 February 2015, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
                    Similarly, anyone had a professional contract review and then found the comments to be so obvious you could have done a better job yourself?
                    Not really, although I generally know what's coming; the majority of reviews are as expected. Occasionally, though, I will miss something that is worth clarification. Perhaps more importantly, it's part of the due diligence necessary to support an outside position (without risk of penalties for lack of due diligence in the unlikely event that an opinion is wrong).

Comment

Working...
                    X